I'm new here, hello

Oct 8, 2005
a little about myself: I'm currently a student majoring in philosophy. This is my last semester at Northern Oklahoma College, and I'm going to apply at the University of Oklahoma. I'd say at the moment Opeth is my favorite band, but they are not the only ones I like. I also like Meshuggah, Cradle of Filth, Dillinger Escape Plan, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer, and others. I work at dominos pizza as a deliver guy, and I'm heading there now.
I hope to meet other opeth fans or just fans of metal, anyways, I have to go now. will post more later.

angelofdeath9308 said:
a little about myself: I'm currently a student majoring in philosophy. This is my last semester at Northern Oklahoma College, and I'm going to apply at the University of Oklahoma. I'd say at the moment Opeth is my favorite band, but they are not the only ones I like. I also like Meshuggah, Cradle of Filth, Dillinger Escape Plan, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer, and others. I work at dominos pizza as a deliver guy, and I'm heading there now.
I hope to meet other opeth fans or just fans of metal, anyways, I have to go now. will post more later.
You forgot to attach your resume for us. :D

dude, I used to work at a movie theatre. I got fired from there not too long ago for letting people in for free. But hey, as long as I'm working at dominos, people will get free pizza.

I guess a philosphy degree doesn't set you ip for many jobs as such, but trains you how to think, construct arguments, lots of logic. I dunno really but I like it, and its an excuse to have lengthy drunken discussions aboot the world whilst listening to Opeth, and if I can do that for three years I'll be a happy man!

shark22 said:
What kind of job can you get with a philosophy degree?

hmm... teacher is all I can think of, or be some sort of writer or something. Or I could be like Woody Allen and go into the movie biz, I wouldn't mind doing that.

You can do pretty much anything with Philosophy, especially so if you minor in something "more practical".

Any decent understanding of Philosophy would encompass a wide range of subjects. I dont see why that would negatively impact any economic goals. If it does, then that certainly isnt a valuable field.

Anything from art/aesthetics, to academia, to government jobs are open for those that choose not to specialize (the essence of Philosophy and liberal arts)

mmm pizza

I'll take 1 large hawaiian with some bread sticks if you guys still sell 'em :)

P.S. If that shit isn't here in 60 minutes or less your account will be deleted.