Imaginaerum Opinions

^ Me too, before posting the quote above. Them lazy buggers at Billboard webzine, LOL.

Anette posted the news on her blog earlier today and it was also on the band's official Facebook wall at the same time. And now its spreading on the tabloids' wezines in Finland.

I must admit, part of why I haven't been around much is I have been avoiding the forums. From my very first listen to the album, I have been in love with it and I honestly didn't want my love for it to be changed by other people's opinions. When Storytime came out I was, for lack of a better term, skeptical and while it is not my favorite it has grown on me and feel it fits with the album as a whole.

I have skimmed through all of the opinions on here and I respect them, but for now I have decided to not pick apart every song and just let them be what they are and enjoy the music.

I too have found it very interesting to read the various reviews here on the forum, and the fact that everybody is allowed to have different opinions without getting "shot down" :)

I just registered at 6am because I have insomnia...

Let me be honest and say that this is the FIRST Nightwish album I've purchased after being a casual fan for a long time. I was not a fan from what I heard from DPP besides "Poet and the Pendulum" so I didn't bother with the rest of the album and kind of lost touch with what they were doing. I always had alot of respect for Tuomas though.

I bought this album today and the first thing I noticed was some production issues, I coulda swore my headphones were trolling me. Nothing major though, that aside, this album touched me in a way I didn't think possible. Perhaps it's cause I'm 26 now and if this was when I was 21 I would of thrown it away and dismissed it as crap cause it's not 'metal enough'. That would of been a huge mistake because I love this album. I must admit though I'm a big fan of big scale movie scores and this album really goes for that feeling (Idk if all Nightwish albums are like that).

Sorry, on my Playstation, has a text limit...

I enjoy the concept of the album and what it intends to do. The first thing I'd bring up is how "I Want My Tears Back" is a very commercial friendly song that would do Nightwish wonders if it got regular radio play in the states. It has that hooky catch that american men can headbang to yet american women can dance to, it's a record labels 'dream song' and the fact that it wasn't the first single nor a single yet is a wasted opportunity. Slow, Love, Slow is brilliant. Very slight soft jazz elements, a haunting piano riff and other touches pieced together well and carefully to give the listener a nice treat. Anette shines on the song in every way possible. It seems like alot of you don't care for "Rest Calm". It's one of my favorites on the album. When you got a good flow goin with a heavy riff and you quickly go to a soft and gentle chorus, that personaly can piss me off. For some reason it works very well with me in this song.

I really need a new laptop...

Last Ride Of The Day was just fun power metal for me, loved it. But hey, I loved the whole album except for when all the poem stuff started getting read at the end. Song is jammin and heavy as hell and then dude's talkin about blowin his load on a doll or somethin, I don't know. Gtfo with that, c'mon Tuomas, you trollin bro.

Great album, I'll be going to see them when they announce a date for Chicago. They got a fan in me now. If any of you would be kind enough to recommend other Nightwish for me, I'd appreciate it. I usually like my stuff heavier and/or faster than this album (this one just works really well for me). Thanks guys.

Song is jammin and heavy as hell and then dude's talkin about blowin his load on a doll or somethin, I don't know. Gtfo with that, c'mon Tuomas, you trollin bro.

My thought exactly, and I never listen to the poem part of that song...

I get the impression when they recorded "Scaretale" that the idea was to make the most cheesey vocals they could. It works very well for me and is actualy one of my favorite songs on the album.

Funny review though. Things that terrify me...FINLAND. lollll

I have only listened to the album a couple of times what I like best is Marco's singing (well I can't help it if that is why I listen to Nightwish). I like Taikatalvi and Ghost River (guess why) but I think the best one is Last Ride of the Day. I like the song but I like the meaning of it (at least what I am assuming the meaning of it is). This is the bit in the film just before he dies, this is the last ride, he's never going to get off the roller coaster sort of thing.
Then by the time you get to Song of Myself he's dead or just taking his last breath at the start of it. I think Song of Myself is quite moving really but you've got to listen to it more than once.
I really like the ending of the poem when he's collected all these memories throughout the film but he still doesn't know who he is and just sees smoke and mirrors. So its called "Song of Myself" but there is no self there at the end.
And then the final song Imaginaerum, I know its supposed to go with the credits but its also like a review of his life, the various memories that he collected in the movie are pieced together into a whole.

(ramble, ramble, I have to go on about what it means because I'm really not musical)

I get the impression when they recorded "Scaretale" that the idea was to make the most cheesey vocals they could. It works very well for me and is actualy one of my favorite songs on the album.

Funny review though. Things that terrify me...FINLAND. lollll

Yeah I think he missed the point/context of Anette singing like that.

But he is funny as hell. I want to see some of his other reviews now just for the comedy.