Imaginaerum World Tour 2012 starts in Los Angeles, CA

@C no i wont be going to the LA show due to the amount of HW ill have this semester.

I'd go if I could afford it, :bah: which I sadly cannot. Anyone here live near NYC planning to go when they finally get there? It'd be nice to have an East coast OSA party too. :lol: I may even follow them back down into PA if I can make it work ;) Since I'll have to go back down anyway, eight hours on a bus, ugh. :zzz:

Oh how I wish I could be at the Key club as well, but I'll have to wait until March 10th..... Oh well, only 2 months to go!

I wish you were going to be with us for OSA weekend too!
hug.gif

The Finnish "Iltalehti" tabloid today wrote that Nightwish will fly over to LA this weekend already. According to Tuomas they have a place booked for three-days rehearsals next week before the big show at Gibson Amphitheatre on Saturday.

- "[The Gibson Amphitheatre gig] will be a very important show for us, because in the USA Nightwish still works on the grass-root level", says Tuomas Holopainen.

But of course he didn't say a word about the "secret" gig. :p

The Finnish "Iltalehti" tabloid today wrote that Nightwish will fly over to LA this weekend already. According to Tuomas they have a place booked for three-days rehearsals next week before the big show at Gibson Amphitheatre on Saturday.

- "[The Gibson Amphitheatre gig] will be a very important show for us, because in the USA Nightwish still works on the grass-root level", says Tuomas Holopainen.

But of course he didn't say a word about the "secret" gig. :p

Anette mentioned on her blog that she would be leaving on the 14th for LA!

The Key club gig is going to be my first Nightwish concert in the US, so I hope you can give me a little bit of advice. Is it necessary to start queueing in the morning (like I've done in some places in Europe) to have good chances to make it into first row? When do people usually show up? :)

Greetings from Denmark!

I'm travelling from Denmark to LA tomorrow, Saturday morning, and would also like to know when you need to arrive Thursday before the gig?

Being from Europe i was forced to use Will Call to get my tickets to the big gig, but unfortunately i know nothing about this system - where and when can i pick up my tickets?

Hope to meet some fellow Nightwish-fans "over there" ;)

Welcome to the board! :wave:

I don't think it's necessary to start lining up early in the morning; Nightwish is not as popular here as they are in Europe, so you can probably show up in the early afternoon and still get a good place in line.

Myself, I'll be reserving a table up in the balcony because I have no desire to fight with folks down on the floor, and the view is just as good at the table. :lol: But because I always sit at a table, I do not know how fast they let people in on the floor area. I'm sure there will be a little bit of pushing to get to the front, but I don't think you need to worry about the kind of insanity that probably happens at European shows where they are far more popular. I would advise getting there early, but I don't think it's necessary to show up as early as in the morning if you don't want to. You could probably show up at noon and there may not be anyone waiting outside. I have shown up at the Key Club to stand in line as late in the afternoon as 5 or 6 for Lacuna Coil/Within Temptation and Stratovarius, and I was maybe within the first 10 people in the line.

Will call is the window where tickets are sold; this is where you pick up tickets that are reserved. Usually it looks like a booth next to where the gates are, and it will say either "tickets" or "will call" somewhere on the booth (either on the window, or a sign nearby that points to it). It's just another word for "ticket booth". When you ordered your tickets you were probably informed of when will call will open (probably about an hour and a half before the doors open, give or take). If you are waiting in line for the gates to open, you will have to get out of line to go to will call when it opens, so you probably will want to ask someone to save your place for you so you don't get moved to the back of the line when you return.

Hope this is helpful advice.

It very much is, thank you! I'm quite releaved we don't have to stand in line all day - then there's time for seeing something else ;-) I'm looking very much forward to it, first time in the US :dopey:

We're staying in a small hotel in West Hollywood, somewhere between the Key Club and Universal City - can you rely on the public transport in the evening, or is it worth taking a cab?

^Cabs are quite expensive in the L.A. area, and public transportation is not very good either. L.A. is a very "car-dependent" city; most people either drive or ride with other people. However, depending how close you are to the Key Club, you may be able to walk (many people who live in the Hollywood area get around this way, as lots of things are in walking distance). The buses in L.A. can be crazy, so I wouldn't depend on one, since many of them have different routes and you could find yourself boarding 10 different buses that take you to all sorts of different stops before your destination! A cab would probably be your best bet if walking is out of the question, but they can be a bit pricey, especially in Hollywood traffic.