Important Message From Steve Smyth, 4/30/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
its good you´re doing dialysis, not "emo-dialysis" :p

we all hope you get well as soon as you can and get back into making shows, i wonder how great it will be your first show in this come-back

steve..greetings from a fan from Croatia..see you on the MC2006(SLO)
just wanted to say...you're the best thing that could happen to NM...you rock...the most interesting solo...erm...your's definitely on the Bittersweet Feast...fuckin sickness..I LIKE IT..also the best song on the album..
stay cool and get well soon;)

Hey Everybody!
It's been a little too long since I've been here, and there's plenty of reasons for that, none of them health related thankfully.
I tried to upgrade my (oh god) dial-up internet service with my present provider, Earthlink., and have had nothing but unfortunate pain in the ass run around bullshit from them and the phone company working working in sync to provide this for me! They're assuring me this will be resolved by tomorrow ( yeah right!), but in the meantime I do have my dial-up still ( wonderful), so here I am.
I've been quite busy in the last month with The EssenEss Project recording process. I am leaving a separate update there.Things have been going really well with this, and we are on target to finish tracking by summer's end! Finally, this beast will be done, and it's on to the next phase, the mix. More on this in The EssenEss Project forum. Check out the forum! We'll have plenty of updates in there in the next several weeks!
On the health front, I have had a transplant evaluation appointment with my chosen hospital. Things went great, they had a lecture on transplants, from the evaluation process, to donors, to recipients. I'll be the first to tell you, I am really thankful to those who have stepped forward and offered their kidney for donation! This means the world to me to have a second chance at life, not the way it's been going, and it's something I will not take for granted! Thank You!
The most I can really tell you about my situation now, is I am presently on hemo-dialysis, with a chest catheter, not what they call a fistula ( where they take your vein and wrap it over your arm, and stick needles in). I have chosen to stay on a "chest cath", primarily because of the potential for complications with a fistula ( redirecting blood flow in your arm can do some serious shit to your veins,not to mention your veins. Being a guitarist, this is not for me.And there are other options I will be exploring before it comes to this one), and the fact that I have many "potential donors" out there right now, I firmly believe, as does the hospital I visited recently, that we'll find a "match" very soon here.
The only frustrating thing about dialysis is having to do it 3 days a week, 3 hours at a time. It leaves you feeling drained at times, but I've learned a few tricks around that, that work out. Obviously, I am not able to be mobile as I was before this happened, so travelling, though not impossible( and unfortunately, only in the US for the near future), has to be planned out.
The most I can tell you about when this transplant is likely to happen is, NO ONE KNOWS! There is optimism it may happen within the next 4-6 months, only time will tell. That's reality.That part is quite frustrating, considering I have been forced by illness,to leave behind all that I have...
On the Nevermore front, I can say this: I am aware of all that's been released to the media lately, about the band's plans to finish the DVD we've been working on for the last 1 1/2 years, with Chris filling in for me. I'm aware of it. How do you feel about it?
Aside from my kidney condition, I am in perfect health. Strong heart, good bones,body fat is practically nill, and I feel better than I have in years! I also believe I am playing better than I have in quite some time as well! Itching to get out and jam again! Heard there were a few shows coming up in August...( hint hint)
Well, guess that's it for now. I'll be back on here in a few days, with some news! Keep the faith!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Its so good to hear from you man. I keep trying to call your ass to make sure your alive and you never fukin answer ... ha ha ha ha.....

Besides you still havent added me on yahoo ya baystid ...

Im definitely looking for to S_N_S and im glad to hear your doing well.

I do feel that the recording of the DVD with Chris kinda sux, but the band does have an obligation to the fans. As long as your a part of it in some was shape or form ill be happy :)

Stay Strong Bro !!!
Jason

Steve, I'm so glad to hear from you. We think of you often - don't leave us hanging that long again!!! :)

love ya man,

Gina & Eric

p.s. I wish they'd have held off on the official release of the dvd...

Hey Stefek, good to hear from you finally! We`ve been worrying about you here in Poland man! Good to know that you are getting better despite the whole negativity... We are keeping our fingers crossed for the right "match" for you ASAP!!! Today we`re gonna hook up with Johnny T who`s already in Warsaw for tomorrow`s The Cult gig, so we have a drink to your health for sure!
Take care and keep on posting more frequently please!

PS. No DVD without Steve Smyth!!!

Steve, we were so scared with Tommy by the lack of news from your side!
In soccer you would get yellow card for this.

Good to see you posting, please, even if you are terribly busy write a word from time to time so we can calm down.

did you get my mail about Paco de Lucia CD?

...and about dvd - personaly I want some Stefek on it!:headbang:

It's good to know something is getting better - keep the faith

About dvd:
Gently saying: It will be very strange to see NM dvd without you !
You are the part of NM sound and anyone (even as good as Chris) could relpalce
you on offical record or dvd-till time when you are still in the band.
Couple of shows it's ok, but not on official realese-I dont understand it:heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.