Important! To anyone going to the Jaxx show. Regarding Orphaned Land. Help!

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
For those who may not have read the post about the Raleigh show. The OL guys had all of their money stolen form them by their road manager at the Florida show. I gave them everything I had in my wallet, but I know that the $80 or so won't be enough. I'm hoping that by spreading the word that others can help spread the word too. If this thread even gets one person to donate money to them, then success!

I know there are a few Jaxx goers here and obviously people that know others that will be going to Jaxx. So please at least spread the word.

Glenn, I don't know if this necessarily belongs on the lounge or not, but given the circumstances I'm hoping that this could potentially get stickied for a day or two.

For those who may not have read the post about the Raleigh show. The OL guys had all of their money stolen form them by their road manager at the Florida show. I gave them everything I had in my wallet, but I know that the $80 or so won't be enough. I'm hoping that by spreading the word that others can help spread the word too. If this thread even gets one person to donate money to them, then success!

I know there are a few Jaxx goers here and obviously people that know others that will be going to Jaxx. So please at least spread the word.

Glenn, I don't know if this necessarily belongs on the lounge or not, but given the circumstances I'm hoping that this could potentially get stickied for a day or two.

The request for help is getting reposted around Facebook too.

It would be a good gesture, we handed the bassist $100.00 last night. Hopefully that will help out a bit.
It is really fucked up to know people do things like this especially to people who seem so undeserving of such maliciousness.

I know PayPal isn't as instantaneous as cash, but if anyone can get in touch with the band (longshot I know, but there are enough people here in the industry that it's possible) and get a PayPal set up to donate, I'd send some money. I'm guessing there are plenty of other people here in the same boat - happy to donate but nowhere near Jaxx.

Edit: I know PayPal sucks in a lot of ways, but it's widely used...if they want to use Google Checkout or anything else that's reliable/safe, awesome. Just some way to get some money from across the country.

It would be a good gesture, we handed the bassist $100.00 last night. Hopefully that will help out a bit.
It is really fucked up to know people do things like this especially to people who seem so undeserving of such maliciousness.

My Hat is off to you:headbang::headbang::headbang:

This jerk stole all the money from the current tour, or just for the one show? Is there any kind of verification that this happened?

All the money from the current tour. The looks on their faces when I handed them all my money was all the verification I needed. Plus I trust Kobi's word. And the other bands mentioned it when I spoke to them.

I know PayPal isn't as instantaneous as cash, but if anyone can get in touch with the band (longshot I know, but there are enough people here in the industry that it's possible) and get a PayPal set up to donate, I'd send some money. I'm guessing there are plenty of other people here in the same boat - happy to donate but nowhere near Jaxx.

Edit: I know PayPal sucks in a lot of ways, but it's widely used...if they want to use Google Checkout or anything else that's reliable/safe, awesome. Just some way to get some money from across the country.

I mentioned the same thing on FB. I'd be glad to help out as long as I'm certain the assistance is going directly to Kobi and OL, or to someone they implicitly trust.

Damnit, this is the second time something like this has happened to friends o' mine in a band this year. :cry:

All the money from the current tour. The looks on their faces when I handed them all my money was all the verification I needed. Plus I trust Kobi's word. And the other bands mentioned it when I spoke to them.

I meant online for those of us for who the tour has already passed. I'd love to help out in some way.

I don't know much about the intricacies of band or concert management, so I have to wonder, is this "road manager" just the guy who was running this tour because of his ability to book north american dates, or an actual "manager" who had actually been working with the band for a long time?

This really does piss me off. For such a great band to come out here, put on good shows only for them to lose everything while here is a travesty. I hope they hunt this fucker down and at least get some of the money back. I'm not trying to be controversial here, but I think in the future both here and other places of the world, they definitely need to be more careful about who is in charge of these things, especially finances.

I don't know much about the intricacies of band or concert management, so I have to wonder, is this "road manager" just the guy who was running this tour because of his ability to book north american dates, or an actual "manager" who had actually been working with the band for a long time?

It was not the general manager of the tour, it was just the guy who was managing all of their merch.

Thanks, just thought it was pretty messed up that someone would do that to them and hope some might lend a hand as well.
Don't like things like this getting out it might ruin my rep. HAHA Just hope no one finds out that I also give toys to Toys for Tots on Xmas.:devil:

We won't let it out, if you won't let it out that we do also, and also give toys to Operation Santa Claus and also sponsor secret Santa