Orphaned Land ripped off by merch guy. They could use some help.

Your from where? Ohhhh...Texas. I imagine your great southern twang with everything you write and laugh to myself, not about the south, but about the U.S. in general. You probably think Obama is a Muslim and are a homophobic closet gay.

Either way you slice it...thats a douchedick attitude you got there. Congratulations!

I did not like their music too much, although I found it interesting I didnt give it a fair shake and listened to maybe 4-5 live songs...but those guys were having a blast on stage...and theyre cool as shit to meet too, just nice guys.

I will give you this. Empathy. Either you have it or you dont. You cant teach it. Got to be a lonely world out there for those without compassion.

Oh yea I forgot that its not manly to have feelings, or to care about people, or to help people when theyre down, or to feed someone who is hungry, thats for the gays and the women folk.

10-4 good buddy!
and you prove your point and intelligence by stereotyping. And I do have an accent so? . . . I didn't know that defined who someone is (everyone in Texas is ignorant and believes Obama is one u dem dere Muzlim terristZ!):devil:

and you prove your point and intelligence by stereotyping. And I do have an accent so? . . . I didn't know that defined who someone is (everyone in Texas is ignorant and believes Obama is one u dem dere Muzlim terristZ!):devil:

Regardless of where you're from, I'll agree that you have a total douchebag attitude towards this. We are all, afterall, voicing our opinions here. You're being called out for your opinion not because it is different, but because you replied with stupid remarks towards other forum users. You may live in the big boy world, but you have a whole lot of growing up to do.

As for Orphaned land, I hope they find the guy who did this and put him to justice with razor blades and salt.

Several issues to address.

1. Deliverance6 - well you did type
"Your from where? Ohhhh...Texas. I imagine your great southern twang with everything you write and laugh to myself, not about the south, but about the U.S. in general. You probably think Obama is a Muslim and are a homophobic closet gay."
If you want to get technical about reading comprehension skills then fine. Ideas a joined together in paragraphs. Your sentence about TEXAS was preceded with the idea that I (who lives in Texas) was a homophoibc closet gay and believed that Obama was a Muslim. There is some lack of ambiguity to that sentence however because you did also mention the US in general, so does that make you a homophoibc closet gay as well? I'm sure you just ranted and raved to spite me, but that's beside the point.

2. Gumtree (gay name by the way - maybe its a reference to a song or band and its not clicking, let me know I might dig it later) Aren't we members of this forum because we like Katatonia. Are we not all somewhat friends. I don't know about you and your friends but we don't take words like "retard" seriously. We joke with one another . . . . "you did what . . .I can't believe that shit" . . . "you'r a fucking retard" . . . name calling is part of American culture, maybe not world culture so maybe that's where I was in the wrong. However, a couple of you have targeted my one comment and perpetuated the argument.

3. Lastly - fuck Oprhaned Land. They are a gimmick band from what I gathered. Who knows maybe there's more to them than what I saw. But there music sucks. Dude tries to dress like Jesus and jump around on stage like Serj or Zack DelaRoche (don't know if I spelt that right). Sure he was having fun on stage, So? Fred Durst has fun on stage pointing his ass toward the crowd and smacking his ass, who gives a fuck.

I was buying my Katatonia t-shirt after the concert and the dude from Orphaned Land actually struck up a conversation with me. I didn't recognize him at first, but he said hi and asked me if I had heard his music before the show. I told him yes. Then he said "ya know our album was mastered (maybe mixed I dunno) by steven wilson....yeah he worked with Opeth ya know." Come the fuck on, how lame is that. Fucking let your music speak for itself dude don't try to sell it by dropping names, that is pathetic.

if you were the drummer in my band I would fire you....not because you only have one arm...but because your just a shitty drummer. Its not discrimination against one armed people, fact is your a shitty drummer. You could say Im firing you all day because you only have one arm but...

Im not talking shit to you because your from the south or Texas...Im talking shit because I think your a bit arrogant...and kind of a dick.

ok Im bored now,
:popcorn:

PS
The reason I accused you of being a closet homo and shit is because people with your attitude generally have issues with "being a man" which implies, generally in my professional experience, that they either have been sexually abused as a child or subconsciously want the dick. Just sayin.

2. Gumtree (gay name by the way - maybe its a reference to a song or band and its not clicking, let me know I might dig it later) Aren't we members of this forum because we like Katatonia. Are we not all somewhat friends. I don't know about you and your friends but we don't take words like "retard" seriously. We joke with one another . . . . "you did what . . .I can't believe that shit" . . . "you'r a fucking retard" . . . name calling is part of American culture, maybe not world culture so maybe that's where I was in the wrong. However, a couple of you have targeted my one comment and perpetuated the argument.

First off, my username is something that was given to me in a drunken haze many years ago. while I agree now that it is gay (I mean, that was 5 years ago), I'd change it if I could (if it can be changed, I'd like to know how). Though it is a somewhat amusing name for an Australian to have on an international board.
Though we may all be friends on here, sometimes it can be rather difficult to determine whether someone is being serious, or just mucking around via text. You're a fucking retard if you think I'm being serious in this here conclusion of this paragraph!

See what I didz there? :Spin:

Anyway, empathy/sympathy... some have it, some don't. Whatever.

if you were the drummer in my band I would fire you....not because you only have one arm...but because your just a shitty drummer. Its not discrimination against one armed people, fact is your a shitty drummer. You could say Im firing you all day because you only have one arm but...

Im not talking shit to you because your from the south or Texas...Im talking shit because I think your a bit arrogant...and kind of a dick.

ok Im bored now,

PS
The reason I accused you of being a closet homo and shit is because people with your attitude generally have issues with "being a man" which implies, generally in my professional experience, that they either have been sexually abused as a child or subconsciously want the dick. Just sayin.

I laughed hard at this :lol:

Def Leppard never fired Rick Allen, then again he's a great drummer

ok Im bored now,

PS
ok fine i'll give you some dick if you really want it

3. Lastly - fuck Oprhaned Land. They are a gimmick band from what I gathered. Who knows maybe there's more to them than what I saw. But there music sucks. Dude tries to dress like Jesus and jump around on stage like Serj or Zack DelaRoche (don't know if I spelt that right). Sure he was having fun on stage, So? Fred Durst has fun on stage pointing his ass toward the crowd and smacking his ass, who gives a fuck.

I was buying my Katatonia t-shirt after the concert and the dude from Orphaned Land actually struck up a conversation with me. I didn't recognize him at first, but he said hi and asked me if I had heard his music before the show. I told him yes. Then he said "ya know our album was mastered (maybe mixed I dunno) by steven wilson....yeah he worked with Opeth ya know." Come the fuck on, how lame is that. Fucking let your music speak for itself dude don't try to sell it by dropping names, that is pathetic.

you sir are one of the more close minded people i've ever seen in forums.
I fail to understand the connection to either rage against the machine or Serj Tankian or Fred durst. Rage against the machine were/are(don't know if they're together now) a protest band, so are/were SOAD, and fred dirst is behaving himself like a douche as part of his personality and image, quality of music aside. If anyone sees a correlation between those three only let me know...if you want to call it a gimmick fine so any band with some sort of concept or theme are not worth a listen that would be opeth katatonia pink floyd the beatles need i say more?
What i think is that you saw Kobi dressed like Jesus and jumping on stage and thought to yourself, hey they're a gimmick band so they're probably shit.
Have you any clue why he was dressed like jesus? probably not so let me enlighten you. for the past 20 years the concept of OL is Oriental/religious. they put verses from jewish, christian and muslim prayers and most of their music is about this and it's because they're from the middle east and these are their influences.and he was jumping because...ehm well because it's a fucking metal concert.
Now about a band member coming to talk to you and telling you about the collaboration with steven wilson(produced and played keyboards on last album), to most people it's useful info, and most people would give the album a listen since steven wilson won't just work with anyone. besides this is exactly the method I found out about katatonia(I started off with opeth and because Dan Swanö worked on their early albums and through dan i got familiar with many many mostly swedish bands such as bloodbath and katatonia), I see nothing wrong with PR-ing your music...at least OL talk to their fans in the crowd without a need for meet and greet and vip tickets. unlike some other bands who split through the back door of the venue and won't talk to any fans. you see, what you interpret as as lame...other people interpret as warmth and bonding with fans.

Basicly if you don't like the music it's your right but don't go bashing a band when you don't even know anything about them.

So it's just as I had suspected then ..... they are terrorists
terrorists.jpg

I wouldn't even buy an Orphaned Land CD because their music sucks and is totally overrated...so why would I give them a free handout because they hired a thief as their merch guy? Hopefully they learn a lesson from their mistake and move on.

I wouldn't even buy an Orphaned Land CD because their music sucks and is totally overrated...so why would I give them a free handout because they hired a thief as their merch guy? Hopefully they learn a lesson from their mistake and move on.

You said something right and something that doesn't make any sense.
you don't like the music and you don't have to support the band, even more than that I am a friend of the band and there was a time when i was in contact with them more and I wouldn't hand them out a 100$...i'm not that rich an neither are most people. I would hand them some money if they were stranded in the middle of nowhere with their wallets stolen...that is compassion. if the guy felt generous it's his right...i don't think it's even about the music. it's a shame when such a thing happens to any band.
the thing that doesn't make any sense is how do you learn the lesson of not hiring a thief...if they knew he was a thief do you think they would hire him?
even if they would ask for a check for the sum of the merch as colleteral, the guy could have split and the check would've probably bounced. getting his id is also a problem since it might be fake.

Agreed on the explanations...but...these conversations would probably be more useful in person...

It's a known fact that 99% of the internet is trolls trolling other trolls.

Soooooo...like I said...drinks on me...