Impressive paris gig !!!

hellforlife

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
What a wonderfull night...
This gig was one of the best i saw. Empressive playlist, good sound, 2 encores !!!
Some songs i never though anathema will play again...

Many thanx to the anathema team !

Was finally not able to come to Bordeaux (what a shame i know but it's because of my girlfriend :yell: )

And i finally meet some people from the forum. :headbang: You rocks dudes !!!
Hope to see you again soon mates !!!

Cheers

hellforlife said:
And i finally meet some people from the forum. :headbang: You rocks dudes !!!
Hope to see you again soon mates !!!

Cheers
did i met you?? cause we would go for a beer normally...

Yeah sorry Antoine but the gig was absolutely awesome, best Anathema gig since 99 for me ! Don't worry, I bet they'll play near yer place or in a bigger venue next time ;)

marginalé said:
did i met you?? cause we would go for a beer normally...
hellforlife(hello!was nice meeting you too:)) is the guy we were talking to while we were waiting to get in,before the gig

hellforlife said:
What a wonderfull night...
This gig was one of the best i saw. Empressive playlist, good sound, 2 encores !!!
Some songs i never though anathema will play again...

Cheers

Yes the gig was very good from the beginning to the end.
But which were "the songs you never though Anathema will play again"?

I pissed in my pants when I heard the first notes of Shroud of False/Fragile Dreams. That was some surprise !
Other winners were Balance/Closer - All the songs with Lee and Temporary Peace - the Judgement/Panic combo and all the rest of the gig, especially Empty which was played with such energy !!

opethmaniac said:
what was the setlist ?

balance, closer, pressure, release, forgotten hopes, destiny is dead, angelica, empty, one last goodbye, parisienne moonlight, a natural disaster, judgement, panic, temporary peace, flying
encores: shroud of false, fragile dreams
more encores: sleepless, wish you were here

thanks to Mariner.

I would have replaced Sleepless with Pulled Under and Parisienne Moonlight with Are You There but still it was a great setlist :)
Flying and Angelica sounded so good too. No weak tracks at all.

did Jamie step on his cable or sth? the intro of Empty was abruptedly cancelled after we heard this hum u get when yer amp cable is on the floor

toolsofthetrade said:
did Jamie step on his cable or sth? the intro of Empty was abruptedly cancelled after we heard this hum u get when yer amp cable is on the floor

I dunno. I could perceive a punctual hum coming from the bass amp while on stage. Maybe there was a slight cable connection problem somewhere. Or maybe it was just my cable :p

Yeah BASTET. You're right... It was me ! :hotjump:

I know about the beer MARGINALE but i wasn't able to check my PM the days before coming to the gig ! But next time, we will do it for sure ! Hope you can understand...

Cheers to TOOLS and CEDAR too !!!

When talking about songs i never hoped, i talked about songs from older albums than a fine day to exit !!!

hellforlife said:
Yeah BASTET. You're right... It was me ! :hotjump:

I know about the beer MARGINALE but i wasn't able to check my PM the days before coming to the gig ! But next time, we will do it for sure ! Hope you can understand...

Cheers to TOOLS and CEDAR too !!!

When talking about songs i never hoped, i talked about songs from older albums than a fine day to exit !!!

In fact I wans't surprised, these songs are so good and essential in understanding Anathema's music.
I would have been surprised with a setlist only with Pentecost 3 and Serenades songs