In Flames Art

Apr 16, 2007
Im working on a new project for a college art class were we have to make a concentration of 12 pics that are all related in some way. So im gonna illustrate the whoracle album. Only one left.

Jotun
Jotun.jpg

Prisma Colours

Food For The Gods
FoodForTheGods.jpg

Ink, water colours, and acrylic paint

Gyroscope
TheNursingAllMotherbackground.jpg

Digital

Dialogue with the stars
Dialougewiththestarscopy.jpg

Digital

The Hive
thehivesmall.jpg

Digital

Jester Script Transfigured
JesterScirpt.jpg

Ink, pencil, water colours

Worlds Within The Margins
WorldsWithinthemargins.jpg

Prisma Colours

Morphing Into Primal
4d6f727068696e6720696e746f207072696.jpg

Digital

Episode 666
episode666.jpg

Digital

Everything Counts
IMG_5098.jpg

Ink, Water colours, Prisma Colours

Whoracle
55yxl.jpg

Digital

EDIT: Done

These are some really amazing interpretations of the song titles and meanings. The last one is my favorite by far. You planning on making any more?

First picture wasn't really impressive (Jotun) but scrolling down further.. damn you have some great talent!

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! This is some really fantastic artwork. I'm not 100% with you on the art style. I prefer smoother, digital-type art over line-heavy pencil work. You're still in school so I figure you're still developing (not saying you need to; how and what you draw is your own business), but your eye and artistic interpretation are bound for greatness. I especially like your takes of Jotun and Everything Counts.

I notice you picked up on the "timebomb coded in our DNA", and probably the matching "flint buried in our leopard skulls". If I remember correctly, this is back when Niklas Sundin from DT was still writing lyrics for In Flames. Did you notice the similarly themed "Shadow in Our Blood" on the new DT? The bonus track "To Where Fires Cannot Feed" also talks about "fragments of self-destructing code". It's all a throwback to good old-fashioned Scandinavian fatalism.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! This is some really fantastic artwork. I'm not 100% with you on the art style. I prefer smoother, digital-type art over line-heavy pencil work. You're still in school so I figure you're still developing (not saying you need to; how and what you draw is your own business), but your eye and artistic interpretation are bound for greatness. I especially like your takes of Jotun and Everything Counts.

I notice you picked up on the "timebomb coded in our DNA", and probably the matching "flint buried in our leopard skulls". If I remember correctly, this is back when Niklas Sundin from DT was still writing lyrics for In Flames. Did you notice the similarly themed "Shadow in Our Blood" on the new DT? The bonus track "To Where Fires Cannot Feed" also talks about "fragments of self-destructing code". It's all a throwback to good old-fashioned Scandinavian fatalism.
Yeah man I noticed that, ive really taken a liking to the new DT album. It has a creepy kinda atmosphere to it.

Added the hive.

Fuck yes. I love the textures on the guy's shirt and pants. Very fluid, considering the medium.

I also love the interpretation: the image of the worn-down worker bee who still sees himself as human, in denial for being "too dead inside."

This project is awesome, and I sincerely hope you continue.

Fuck yes. I love the textures on the guy's shirt and pants. Very fluid, considering the medium.

I also love the interpretation: the image of the worn-down worker bee who still sees himself as human, in denial for being "too dead inside."

Thank you very much. I am currently working on morphing into primal, which might include a character from the earlier pieces.

Took the words out of my mouth. I liked how you put the lyrics on the wall as some kind of graffiti. I also notice the Bee/Human is wearing something similar to what In Flames wore on their Come Clarity tour.

@Suffocating Sight: I notice that all of the pictures are done in slightly different styles. Could you share, briefly, what medium each picture is done with? I'm sure your semester is ending (I'm crunching through essays as we speak), but I'd love to learn more when you have time.

@Suffocating Sight: I notice that all of the pictures are done in slightly different styles. Could you share, briefly, what medium each picture is done with? I'm sure your semester is ending (I'm crunching through essays as we speak), but I'd love to learn more when you have time.

I edited the first post and put the medium under each pic.

Episode 666 is awesome. The eyballs in the unraveling brain matter is gross as hell, and I love the gore being rendered in vibrant shades next to the gray skin and lifeless expression.

I am also really coming around to World Within the Margin. The odd perspective, with the stones that the skull rests on so much closer than the ground under the forest is really cool. It's sort of like how the song is about getting punched in the face and dreaming up this entire fantasy world. Here, the fantasy doesn't quite overlap with reality, because it's a little too close to be viewed objectively.