In Flames has the most craptastic frontman ever

fuck, where to start here. i hate how some members of this forum think they're such experts of metal, or music in general. and that they're such "true" fans of in flames or whatever band they say were once great (metallica excluded, everyone knows they're nowhere near what they once were)that they now have the right to berate that once favorite band of theirs. i will say that i enjoy in flames older stuff more than the newer stuff. but i will say this, if in flames stuck with the melodic death sound they started with, i imagine many of you would say they would be boring. i applaud a band for at least attempting something different, even if it doesn't work. to say you like some band and then bash them because they sold out in your eyes is just being fickle and childish. to be completely honest though, i can't say that i haven't done the same, but i am trying to stop.
besides in flames have put on some of the best live shows i've ever been to.

Is no one allowed to express their dislike for them just because they experimented? I'm glad they didn't stick to the same tired melo-death formula forever, but they just don't make as good of music these days, regardless if its "metal" or "nu-metal" or whatever people wanna call it.

there are many bands out there who play nu-metal just perfectly (mudvayne, disturbed, static x, slipknot, soulfly). why would anyone listen to a cheap copy of these bands?

dont get me wrong, i respect a band's courage but when the stuff they bring out is weak, do we still have to congratulate them for the effort? you have to be fcking deaf to like the new in flames. they were a great melo-death band, but their new nu-metal stuff IS JUST WEAK. i'll pop in "l.d.50" anytime instead.