In Flames has the most craptastic frontman ever

IF_Anders004.jpg

This faggot needs to get James Brown'd.

ROFL at your extremely intelligent well thought out post. Well done. Really. In flames obviously suck cause you think Anders looks like a faggot. Your musical genius is second to none. Really it is.

Now thats sarcasm.

His singing is worse than he looks and he looks pretty gay. I've always hated his vocals, but loved the band's music.

His singing is worse than he looks and he looks pretty gay. I've always hated his vocals, but loved the band's music.

But how does the way he dress affect their music or his vocals? If thats the case then a lot of black metal bands must be practising mime artists or in clown college of some sort given the amount of time and effort they out into their appearence on stage. I mean if you dont like a band thats fair enough. But at least let it be beacuse you dont like their vocals or music itself and dont base your decision to not like the band because the singer might be wearing a tracksuit top etc..

His growls were pretty great until Colony. Around Clayman he started to suck at growls and adopted a very annoying singing voice, even though the music on that album still was pretty good. In the last 3 albums, not only him but the entire band started to suck huge cock. Period.

I didn't think Anders was that bad of a frontman. Speed from Soilwork is much worse. M. Stanne from Dark Tranquility is the best of the Gothenburg frontmen. He was good live.

Unlike most IF fans, I liked RtR quite a bit, finding it much more interesting than Clayman, which had about four good songs and the rest was filler. Doing another album similar to that would have been a disaster. I pretty much lost interest after STYE. I don't think they ever sold out really. The albums progress in a rather natural way, just not an especially good way.

I didn't think Anders was that bad of a frontman. Speed from Soilwork is much worse. M. Stanne from Dark Tranquility is the best of the Gothenburg frontmen. He was good live.

Unlike most IF fans, I liked RtR quite a bit, finding it much more interesting than Clayman, which had about four good songs and the rest was filler. Doing another album similar to that would have been a disaster. I pretty much lost interest after STYE. I don't think they ever sold out really. The albums progress in a rather natural way, just not an especially good way.

QFT.

RTR at least had some good songs, as did Come Clarity. The abomination that was STYE was complete shit. Everybody whines at In Flames, but imo afaict they never did. They just wrote what they felt like - that's not selling out. It was a natural progression of their sound, despite it being shit.

actually, mikael stanne is awful live. his "singing voice" by FAR is the worst of all the gothenburg frontmen, and his mannerisms and "stage presence" is beyond embarrassing most of the time. tomas lindberg is by far the best performer of all the gothenburg frontmen. hes the only one i ever truly beleive. period.

Speed from Soilwork is a very good singer, too bad the vocal melodies itself are not as good as on the older Soliwork albums. It is a bit too happy and lame now.

I can't stand Speeds vocals whatsoever. His hardcore-ish screams are pretty monotone and the clean vocs are more Triviumgly annoying than good.

As for DT, I wish they'd do another Projector. That's the only thing from them I find interesting these days

Speed's vocals fits old Soilwork perfectly, i don't care if it sounds hardcore-ish or not...he has a potent pissed off screaming voice...it is better than most of the David Vincent wannabes out there. But i know that some people can't stand that vocal style.

fuck, where to start here. i hate how some members of this forum think they're such experts of metal, or music in general. and that they're such "true" fans of in flames or whatever band they say were once great (metallica excluded, everyone knows they're nowhere near what they once were)that they now have the right to berate that once favorite band of theirs. i will say that i enjoy in flames older stuff more than the newer stuff. but i will say this, if in flames stuck with the melodic death sound they started with, i imagine many of you would say they would be boring. i applaud a band for at least attempting something different, even if it doesn't work. to say you like some band and then bash them because they sold out in your eyes is just being fickle and childish. to be completely honest though, i can't say that i haven't done the same, but i am trying to stop.
besides in flames have put on some of the best live shows i've ever been to.

Reactions: Tubbs