IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

As for Anders being happy... okay, then why are all his lyrics about how sad and broken he is? :D
Maybe he is sad because he is happy? You know how some women behave during their periods (yes, it's a sexist joke, kill me).

Reactions: Vermyn
It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of the music was good enough to make me forget the lyrics, but it isn't. In fact, in the verses the other instruments practically stop to let Anders "shine", so it's impossible to ignore what he's saying.

:D

Another fine decision by the band. Hey guys, we have an old dude with teen heart who can't sing to save his life... let's give him the spotlight, and let his sing cleans all over the song with just drums and bass as a musical background!

Reactions: eochaid
:yow: For some laughs I suppose. I'm also an atheist, by the way.
I genuinely think Thousand Foort Krutch and Skrillet make decent music.

It sometimes makes an otherwise great song a bit harder to listen (Absolute, E for Extinction) and there are songs which are religious shit from start to finish (Already Home), but that's it, really.

Another fine decision by the band. Hey guys, we have an old dude with teen heart who can't sing to save his life... let's give him the spotlight, and let his sing cleans all over the song with just drums and bass as a musical background!
Eh, his vocals on this record are pretty dope. He improved for sure.
Anders friden sucks a dick
I think I know the proper answer to this one! :D

His vocals admittedly aren't terrible. Not great either, but I've heard a lot worse. They've really learned how to use ProTools well over the past few years.

Of course, the trade off is he won't be able to sing any of this stuff the same way live. But we're all used to that by now.

Anders friden sucks a dick

The bad girl is back lol.

Except that the beginning is a variation from Embody the Invisible (just listen starting 1:50). Though the end of the solo is pretty good.

As for the guitars that you talk in Like Sand, they are practically a remake of All For Me.

Well the guitar at the beginning is kinda reminds All For Me, but after that it has nothing same with All For Me.

But I agree with Embody the Invisible. Some of the parts are sounds pretty same. But still loving it.

I can't stand religious songs. The lyrics are quite ridiculous, more when I think that they really believe to be talking about reality and not fairytales. I rather listen to Anders cries than to that shit.

Petra's rereleased classic album is actually a guilty pleasure of mine :D I mean, I agree, the lyrics are ridiculous... but I just find the music quite enjoyable. Plus the vocalist, Greg X. Volz, sounds great.

Petra's rereleased classic album is actually a guilty pleasure of mine :D I mean, I agree, the lyrics are ridiculous... but I just find the music quite enjoyable. Plus the vocalist, Greg X. Volz, sounds great.
Never heard them. Are they the conservative christian type or more carefree?

His vocals admittedly aren't terrible. Not great either, but I've heard a lot worse. They've really learned how to use ProTools well over the past few years.

Of course, the trade off is he won't be able to sing any of this stuff the same way live. But we're all used to that by now.
What is the cynisism for? He sounded fine on the later stages of their tour, and he also went to a vocal teacher for the first time in his life, sooo...
I can't stand religious songs. The lyrics are quite ridiculous, more when I think that they really believe to be talking about reality and not fairytales. I rather listen to Anders cries than to that shit.
Well, first of all, not every song mentions God or a higher power. Skillet for example - maybe consciously so - barely mentions it directly.

TFK is worse in this aspect, but they have a bunch of religion-free songs as well.

Both bands make optimistic and positive songs, like even when they sing about personal struggles, they aim to encourage, but I have no problem with that, and they make surprisingly good and sometimes even heavy music. Skillet also knows how to use female vocals properly, so that's a plus.

I mean, I listen to christian rock/metal too and I'm an atheist.

I'm atheist too.
That is funny though because in my teens there was/is some bands I really digged and at the time,
some I considered a few favourite bands, amongst many, but when I discovered they were a "Christian" band, I felt a little ashamed in myself, like I was being brainwashed and that subliminally I was having religion shoved down my throat. It took me a while to rediscover some of these bands when I matured and realised it probably wasn't the case.

As for Anders being happy... okay, then why are all his lyrics about how sad and broken he is? :D

You have a good argument. Haha.
I stand by what I said though, maybe it's because he's constantly haunted by the past and forever living in the shadow of pre R2R albums, that and the criticism over the years..

Or

Maybe he couldn't deal with the whiplash of writing completely happy music and the unforgiving abuse he would receive from the fans.
I think there's a few here who would have something to say on what that take on music would be. :D

What is the cynisism for? He sounded fine on the later stages of their tour, and he also went to a vocal teacher for the first time in his life, sooo...

He sounded fine in context of his worst performances, but come on. I hope going to a vocal teacher has helped, it's just a shame he didn't do it fifteen years ago when he decided he wanted to sing rather than scream. We might have actually gotten a decent album in ASOP.

He sounded fine on the later stages of their tour, and he also went to a vocal teacher for the first time in his life, sooo...
He sounded fine for being himself, but, when you compare him with people that can actually sing live...

It's good that he decided to take lessons, or some lessons.

You have a good argument. Haha.
I stand by what I said though, maybe it's because he's constantly haunted by the past and forever living in the shadow of pre R2R albums, that and the criticism over the years..

Or

Maybe he couldn't deal with the whiplash of writing completely happy music and the unforgiving abuse he would receive from the fans.
I think there's a few here who would have something to say on what that take on music would be. :D

I dunno man. I mean, there are things to be unhappy and pissed off about. Of course. But at his age it should be more mature subjects, instead he's absolutely fixated on being sad because of relationships. I mean, does his wife beat the shit out of him when he's at home? Is that why he's always touring? I don't get it.

Funnily enough, he actually did write an album with some amazing lyrics about a relationship going bad. It's called Clayman.

I liked some of the lyrics from CC regarding the relationship with friends. They looked like something that you can talk about with people.

I've listened to the album a couple of times. My favourites so far are drained,the end,in my room and battles. However I have to listen to it again and let it grow on me before writing a review.

I liked some of the lyrics from CC regarding the relationship with friends. They looked like something that you can talk about with people.

CC's lyrics are take it or leave it for me. Some great lyrics (Dead End in particular is fantastic) but also some ridiculous ones. Very similar to SOAPF actually.

As an aside, is it me, or is Battles a really inappropriate title for this album? :D