IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

PlainVanilla

Dickhead Jester
May 4, 2011
Paris, France
Well, I guess it's all there:

253959Sanstitre.jpg

Yep, but probably not end of 2016? Hopefully not that late at least...Depends when they are going into studio, hopefully before summer at least. Maybe a realistic timeframe is around August/September

Reactions: Cadaver The Great
Yep, but probably not end of 2016? Hopefully not that late at least...Depends when they are going into studio, hopefully before summer at least. Maybe a realistic timeframe is around August/September

The process is longer than you think. They entered the studio in October 2010 to record Sounds of a Playground Fading and the album was released mid-June 2011. Eight months total from entering the studio to releasing the album.

They began recording Siren Charms in August 2013. The album was released in September 2014. Thirteen months total, more than a year.

We'd be happy if we even knew the name of the next album by summer, and I wouldn't be so sure of that. The band is just quite low right now. Their drummer is gone and things are not going that smooth with the label (they were supposed to release a live DVD a few months ago that never saw the light of day). The whole #IF2016 thing is just so people talk about them so they're not dead yet. They are only writing stuff right now. They still have to do demos, work things out, find a drummer and then they will get in the studio. I wonder if that album is not even for 2017.

Their live energy is still high and looks like they were having a great time in 2015.

Don't forget guys, the setlists they started playing since Spring '15 were great compared to when they first started touring after Siren Charms' release.

That setlist they were playing at the end of the year during a European club tour was insane, unheard of for In Flames post-like, 2007.

The process is longer than you think. They entered the studio in October 2010 to record Sounds of a Playground Fading and the album was released mid-June 2011. Eight months total from entering the studio to releasing the album.

They began recording Siren Charms in August 2013. The album was released in September 2014. Thirteen months total, more than a year.

We'd be happy if we even knew the name of the next album by summer, and I wouldn't be so sure of that. The band is just quite low right now. Their drummer is gone and things are not going that smooth with the label (they were supposed to release a live DVD a few months ago that never saw the light of day). The whole #IF2016 thing is just so people talk about them so they're not dead yet. They are only writing stuff right now. They still have to do demos, work things out, find a drummer and then they will get in the studio. I wonder if that album is not even for 2017.
Well true and not true. About SOAPF, they were in studio for more than 3months, but that was only because they only had some riffs written, they basically wrote and demoed shit in the studio and then recorded it. It was mixed and mastered in January 2011, and it was supposed to be released in the spring somewhere, like April/May. Don't know why it was pushed back, didn't they leave Nuclear Blast and signed with Century Media on SOAPF? Maybe that was why it was pushed back a few months. And with Sirens, they did 6weeks in Hansa Studios, they got there in October and was done in mid December, album was again mixed and mastered in January/February I don't recall, and it was gonna be released in May/June, but since Anders got burned out and they canceled their tours during the summer because of it, they pushed back the album release to mid September coinciding with their autumn tour starting. So basically it was only because of circumstances the last 2 albums was released so long after it was completely done. If they are done in studio, the album shouldn't be much more than 3-4months away at MOST. Depends what approach they are doing, and where they are recording it.

About the forthcoming album though, hoping for some more aggression. I don't really listen to Siren Charms that much anymore, not actively, more like good music while doing something else, but I still really enjoy a few tracks regularly.

Their European club tour setlists are crazy every time...

Yeah but, when's the last time they've played a show opening with Superhero of the Computer Rage, play songs like Satellites, jotun, Square nothing and a few other classics all in the same set?

2008? Either way, they started to play some great older shit in 2015 and I hope they continue to do the same once they get a new drummer and figure out this new album(?)

So, what are the expectations about the new album? Do you think that they will keep on the way they started with SC? Or will they do something more "metal"?

My own opinion is that they will go on their new way but that they're going to put more effort into the guitar work.

It has to have more energy and variety than Siren Charms. That's the minimum requirement for me. At this point anything else would just be a bonus.

Good catch

Who knows, I mean didn't they rent a house somewhere in the middle of nowhere to record Soundtrack?

This is the weirdest time period I can recall for IF since Jepser left at least, but even then we found out Niclas would take his place pretty quickly.

New drummer, new album... More fodder to speculate with.

What will the next album sound like?

Who will be the new drummer in a pretty tight-knit group of dudes in a band for 15+ years?

Yeah, sweet. Seems like Anders and Björn are writing all the music this album too. Wonder if they are only recording guitars/vocals over in the states or if Peter is flying in soon too. Then you got Örjan Örnkloo doing all the keyboard shit, and someone has to play drums. It's kinda weird it's only those 2 guys there at the moment, supposedly already started recording the album. Cool that they are recording over there though for a change. Probably with a new producer as well then, could be a high profile one maybe?

I'm kinda dissapointed with the little involvement that NIclas seems to have with the band. He looks more like a tour musician than an actual member.

Nah he still does Engel stuff on the side, also doing carpenter stuff and some other shit, I think he's kinda happy with the setup. I wouldn't mind him writing some shit though.