IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

By the way, if their new record will be released under Sony as well, can we agree that Siren Charms was a success? Of course, it means the album+tours, 'cuz I guess Sony gets something from the tour money as well, or at least somehow benefits from its success (or gets set back by its failure). The contact was for the record (and maybe the DVD) only, so both Sony and IF left the option to part ways easily accessible, so if they are not satisfied with one another, there would be no need to settle any legal dispute.

And if they indeed skip the summer festivals, that might be good for me, because they might've come to SZIGET, which would mean they wouldn't do a standalone show here, so I either pay a shitton and go to a freakin' festival to see their dumbed down setlist, or wait another 2 years.

Also, I have a dream that IF will once release a drum-heavy record. They always had songs with really cool drum themes, but most of them were so mediocre. I understand, the guitars (then later on, the vocal) supposed to lead the songs, so the drums were only there to give some basic ground for the others to build upon, but I really dig the drums on songs like Take This Life, Crawl Through Knives (2nd and 3rd chorus) or Square Nothing. Don't get me wrong, I hate those (mainly heavier) bands whose drummer sounds like he's on speed and drums with such a speed I don't even believe it's humanly possible, I do not take pleasure in fucking power-drumming, but most of the drumming on IF songs are just, well, let's say it: LAME.

Square Nothing does have some badass drumming. Every song on Clayman does.

Someone tell me the stats of record sales of Sounds of a Playground vs. Siren Charms? Without knowing the facts, I feel like siren charms should've sold less copies. Just judging by the thousands of disappointed comments about it when it first came out.

Also I doubt they'll play any shows until the album's released knowing them but this is the most "different" year they've had in about 5-6 yrs so who knows

They might do some warm up shows when they finish recording to test playijg with the new drummer but doubt they would play any new songs.

Someone tell me the stats of record sales of Sounds of a Playground vs. Siren Charms? Without knowing the facts, I feel like siren charms should've sold less copies. Just judging by the thousands of disappointed comments about it when it first came out.

I don't know all the records sales but Siren Charms sold around 9,000 at US in its first week. And SOAPF sold around 14,000. But SC's position was 26 on The Billboard charts while SOAPF was on 27. Btw this information from the Blabbermouth..

I don't know all the records sales but Siren Charms sold around 9,000 at US in its first week. And SOAPF sold around 14,000. But SC's position was 26 on The Billboard charts while SOAPF was on 27. Btw this information from the Blabbermouth..

That has to do with the releases of that time and how much albums they sold. It is well known that some Movie Companies release their "greatest hits" out of season so that they have no strong competition (just look at Batman vs. Superman).

In the meantime at jesper's:

Reactions: AtotheK
That has to do with the releases of that time and how much albums they sold. It is well known that some Movie Companies release their "greatest hits" out of season so that they have no strong competition (just look at Batman vs. Superman).

In the meantime at jesper's:

Sounding good. It'd be great if he could release something more in the vain of the Lunar Strain/Subterranean stuff. I always found The Resistance incredibly boring. Hardcore music seems like a waste of his talent.

Sounding good. It'd be great if he could release something more in the vain of the Lunar Strain/Subterranean stuff. I always found The Resistance incredibly boring. Hardcore music seems like a waste of his talent.

Agreed. The Resistance is really boring, nothing special about that band, not one single memorable riff. Jesper announced news soon. He is working on his solo album, has a new band (still unnamed) and it looks like Dimension Zero will be back soon.

Jesper said that his solo album will not be MDM.
He said that there are hundreds of bands doing MDM now, and its not 1994 anymore so his album will not be Jester Race pt2.
Glad he cleared that up and managed expectations.

You have to remember they've had a lot of downtime since their last tour, they probably spent some time writing leisurely in their free time, which is pretty cool to think about if they haven't rushed this one like the last effort.
Also, it's been what, 4-6 weeks since they headed over to LA? Just my opinion but I get the impression Niclas has wrote on this record this time around too, so with that and the influence of a new drummer, I'm sure we can expect something fresh and or different.
Now it's just a waiting game

I just saw that DIMENSION FREAKIN' ZERO IS BACK! (I'm too excited sorry..) But with new members; Jocke is out Andy Solvestrom in for the vocals. I always liked Jocke's vocals but guitars more important for me. Jesper said on his FB page that they'll release new ep/album.

Yes, those were good news. We'll see if the departure of Antonsson affects their music.

Is it good news, really? Most people had a gripe with SC sounding rushed, and now it turns out the new record is already done (bar mixing, I suppose). You say they had idea beforehand, or jammed around, but SC could have been made the same way; make a nice melody or riff, and rush everything around it just so you can sell it as a song. I'm skeptical, and I don't think the new drummer had any influence, UNLESS it turns out he's some very famous and respected folk from the MDM scene.

Who are you talking to? It's hard to tell if you do not tell names :p

but SC could have been made the same way; make a nice melody or riff, and rush everything around it just so you can sell it as a song.

Amd that's exactly how it was done. Good you finally realized :tickled::tickled::tickled:.

Is it good news, really? Most people had a gripe with SC sounding rushed, and now it turns out the new record is already done (bar mixing, I suppose). You say they had idea beforehand, or jammed around, but SC could have been made the same way; make a nice melody or riff, and rush everything around it just so you can sell it as a song. I'm skeptical, and I don't think the new drummer had any influence, UNLESS it turns out he's some very famous and respected folk from the MDM scene.
Release date of an album does not have to correlate to the recording/writing of an album. It's been 2years, more than 2 years even since they recorded SC, Actually almost 2.5years between the RECORDING of the albums, that is not in any way rushed lol. Remember IF used to pump out records every 2 years until SOAPF. I mean they released 4 albums and an EP between 1996-2000, all of which are legendary albums.