IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Gonna be weird not seeing Daniel around.

Really wonder how this one will sound. Vocals, guitar play and song structure. So many questions

Gonna be weird not seeing Daniel around.

Really wonder how this one will sound. Vocals, guitar play and song structure. So many questions

I wonder how the vocals gonna sound like. I don't think they'll become more heavy, but still curious about it. And still no replacement for Daniel. I'm thinking they're gonna find someone and the person will become live member. Maybe a few years later he can become a part of the band.

I think they're gound to sound gay (not meant to say that but this board is death so I decided to do a little trolling :p)

There's a few reasons imo...

1) Message boards in general are becoming less popular. Everyone's on twitter or instagram these days (I hate both).

2) A lot of people were burned by SC, and have probably given up on In Flames for good.

3) The album's still some way from being released, I assume. I guess this topic will get a little livelier just before or when the album actually drops. I do think SC may be the last great new album thread on here though. All that anticipation just to get shit on. Fuck.

2) A lot of people were burned by SC, and have probably given up on In Flames for good.

Yeah I think this is the main reason. SOAPF was pretty good so people had expectations. But on the other topic we had more information on recording process. Now we just know the album is completed. No sneak peaks nothing.. As you say, I think more people will be here as we got more info about the album.

And where the hell is Jester Slave?!

Plus we don't know anything about the album besides it's been recorded in LA, nothing else. I'd guess there's not much to say until we know more about it.

What's everyone's predictions/expectations of this next release?

I believe it will be another diverse album like SOAPF, some heavy tracks, some softer, a bit more progressive, less synth. Maybe a more classic sound.
Here's hoping for a total surprise though

My expectations are so low that it would be practically impossible for the band to disappoint me.

Wow, that's so bullshit everyone expected SC to be the savior record for this band. Their records have been inconsistent, to say the least, in the last one and a half decade, and there were no implications that SC had to be good, or else. From your perspective: STYE sucked, CC rocked, ASOP sucked, SOAPF rocked, so I don't understand why you and the people with your taste expected anything huge from SC. I'm sure you hoped it will be good, why wouldn't you, but unless you got sucked into the whole mystery of that studio in Berlin, you had no reason to expect anything, really.

The other points are right though. First of all, there is not even a teaser from one of the songs to argue about. Throw in 30 seconds of riff-raffing, and then we can start eating away at that bone. Until then, the only things we can start making assumptions about are a.) they have a new drummer, which is a fact, but we don't know if he was part of the songwriting, and b.) the aforementioned streak of (for your taste) bad-good-bad-good sequence of past records, which is more of a cute thing to think about, rather than a rule that couldn't be broken.

And yes, message boards are fucking antiques in 2016. They were old 2 years ago as well, but as time passes, more and more people get tired of it for a lifetime, and there is no new blood to be infused. You have to create an account, discuss stuff in a lengthy fashion, and the emojis are old and lame - it's not for this generation. *looks at his cane* Also, we are talking about a (heavy?) metal board. Pop music was *drumroll* always more popular, so it's not even like this board should be full with youngsters, writing odes to the good old TJR times.

I have to say though, in the heyday of message boards, it was really fun to be around. There were threads which went so fucking fast, that even if you just typed in some 1-2 sentence long response, there were already 4 new messages behind you.

Last edited:
Wow, that's so bullshit everyone expected SC to be the savior record for this band. Their records have been inconsistent, to say the least, in the last one and a half decade, and there were no implications that SC had to be good, or else. From your perspective: STYE sucked, CC rocked, ASOP sucked, SOAPF rocked, so I don't understand why you and the people with your taste expected anything huge from SC. I'm sure you hoped it will be good, why wouldn't you, but unless you got sucked into the whole mystery of that studio in Berlin, you had no reason to expect anything, really.

The other points are right though. First of all, there is not even a teaser from one of the songs to argue about. Throw in 30 seconds of riff-raffing, and then we can start eating away at that bone. Until then, the only things we can start making assumptions about are a.) they have a new drummer, which is a fact, but we don't know if he was part of the songwriting, and b.) the aforementioned streak of (for your taste) bad-good-bad-good sequence of past records, which is more of a cute thing to think about, rather than a rule that couldn't be broken.

And yes, message boards are fucking antiques in 2016. They were old 2 years ago as well, but as time passes, more and more people get tired of it for a lifetime, and there is no new blood to be infused. You have to create an account, discuss stuff in a lengthy fashion, and the emojis are old and lame - it's not for this generation. *looks at his cane* Also, we are talking about a (heavy?) metal board. Pop music was *drumroll* always more popular, so it's not even like this board should be full with youngsters, writing odes to the good old TJR times.

I have to say though, in the heyday of message boards, it was really fun to be around. There were threads which went so fucking fast, that even if you just typed in some 1-2 sentence long response, there were already 4 new messages behind you.

You know, sometimes i try to empathize with you, but then, I read your posts, and I can only think that you're a total moron. Nobody is asking or forcing you to come and talk here. If you don't want to you're more than welcome to do as you please, but stop the bullshit.

You know, sometimes i try to empathize with you, but then, I read your posts, and I can only think that you're a total moron. Nobody is asking or forcing you to come and talk here. If you don't want to you're more than welcome to do as you please, but stop the bullshit.
That's like, your opinion man, responding to my opinion. If all you can come up with is this, then take your own advice: no one forcing you to reply to any of my posts, especially not with low effort, empty sentences like the ones you just bombed me with. "wowo, you are so wrong, pls leave!" is hardly gonna convince me, or anyone else for that matter, to actually leave.

That's like, your opinion man, responding to my opinion. If all you can come up with is this, then take your own advice: no one forcing you to reply to any of my posts, especially not with low effort, empty sentences like the ones you just bombed me with. "wowo, you are so wrong, pls leave!" is hardly gonna convince me, or anyone else for that matter, to actually leave.

Why should I put any effort on my replies to the moron that you are? You just don't deserve it.

They seem to have gone radio silent over the past 3 weeks since they came back from the states.
Anyone know whats going on?

They seem to have gone radio silent over the past 3 weeks since they came back from the states.
Anyone know whats going on?

They're probably showing the album to record companies searching for a contract for its distribution.

Why should I put any effort on my replies to the moron that you are? You just don't deserve it.
"You're stupid because I said so. I'm no stupid. Sick burnzz!!! :rofl:DDD" - keep it up dude, you are balls deep in not actually proving your point - if you ever had any.