IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Cats need to regularly sharpen their claws. We can't be unprepared for a good ol' shittalk, when the first single hits.

Don't argue guys , we are in the same IF team :)

No, we are not. There is people that doesn't like to be lectured by friendless children. I respect people having a different opinion than mine. I can't stand smart asses.

Edit: sorry, when I said friendless children I was talking about that moron, slave fanboy.

Last edited:
What I'm wondering is: another album like SC should be enough to give up hope on the band?

No, we are not. There is people that doesn't like to be lectured by friendless children. I respect people having a different opinion than mine. I can't stand smart asses.

Edit: sorry, when I said friendless children I was talking about that moron, slave fanboy.
I talked about how it was bullshit that Siren Charm supposed to be the last big hope of certain IF fans, you gave me a "how to post like a retard 101" sample reply, calling me out on what I said (without anything to add, of course, but wouldn't be you if not only every 10th posts of yours would contain actual effort), and now you ask a question which basically indirectly legitimizes one of my points.

At least have some consistency, unless you are legit schizophrenic, in which case I apologize profusely.

At least have some consistency, unless you are legit schizophrenic, in which case I apologize profusely.

Do you think this is something to laugh about? Do you think that is funny to deal with my inner demons one day after another, to not forget a single pill out of the twenty that I need to take everyday, pills that gave stomach cancer, in orther to not try to kill anyone anymore?

Shit is getting real
Do you think this is something to laugh about? Do you think that is funny to deal with my inner demons one day after another, to not forget a single pill out of the twenty that I need to take everyday, pills that gave stomach cancer, in orther to not try to kill anyone anymore?
Woah dude, what if I am actually you? We need to go deeper, just like the Spanish clubs are going deeper into the Europen Cup rounds.

I remember when Slave, you defended their setlists right after SC's release to no end. Telling all of us we were wrong and to get over it.

We would all simply suggest they play a set list that better represents the earlier albums as well, notably Jester-Reroute.

We'd have fun mocking up dream setlists yet we felt were realistic since they've played them before at one point or another.

Then, you'd criticize us saying "blah blah why choose this but not that", "they're never playing those songs again because crowds now won't know and won't respond to those songs. They're too old and their newer fan base doesn't know them." 'they'll never play those songs again Get over it.' "Those songs don't work live." And ultimately how those songs were done and we were idiots for liking them, hoping they'd play them again and that they wouldn't ever.

Jester's Door
Everything's Gone
Alias
Darker Times
Siren Charms
Black & White
Pinball Map
Disconnected
Leeches
Like You Better Dead
Bullet Ride
Only for the Weak
Food for the Gods
Ordinary story
Crawl Through knives
Satellites and Astronauts
The Hive
Take This Life
Cloud Connected
(played Jotun<3 on this tour as well)

^This right here, is the best set list in flames have played since like, 2008, And was a hugely pleasant surprise to see. This is the best show you could ask from IF today. I personally hope they keep this kind of set list going in the states at some point.

So, my question is, would you rather see this particular set list? Or would you prefer the one they played after SC released filled with just ASOP, SOAPF and SC songs instead?

Your whole argument back in the day was about how you like the newer stuff better, we were living in the past and IF didn't like those songs anymore so I wonder if you still feel the same way

Dude, my argument was that it was a promotional tour with dozens of festival appearances, which you just never wanted to take into consideration. If you release a new album, you have to throw in a bunch of songs from it to your next tour, even if it's the shittiest album ever, and if you play to a festival crowd, you practically commit suicide if you try to please both the hardcore fans and the random tens of thousand people there who are just there to get wasted to some "rock'n'roll". And don't even start with trying to convince me that #random festival attendee #622719 would enjoy Ordinary Story more than Alias. I don't know, maybe he would, but look at other bands' festival setlists: all of them are the same, shortened, best-of setlists with maybe one or two slightly odd songs (Slipknot comes to mind if I wanted to name an exception to the rule). It's how it is, and that was my defense, still is. And you guys would have no problem with it, if you would've enjoyed the album, because then you wouldn't care about those 5 or 6 staple songs from it. But because you hated it, you felt it was insult to injury - and in a way you were right, but from a rational viewpoint, you were not. It's just unfair to accept any band to come out and say "all right guys, we think our newest album which btw is our newest source of income after a year or so is utter fucking shit, so we will only play 3 songs from it, even on the tour named after it."

I did setlist mockups too, here some snippets from my concert review post, to show you I never said that setlist was the best thing they could possibly muster up:

"2. Everything's Gone: It's just an OK song for me[...]. Can't say much about EG, it's like the album version. Heavy and easy to sing along. So far 2/2 if you ask me in terms of new songs, I think both of them can stand their grounds in a live setting.

3. Fear Is The Weakness: HELL YEAH! In Plains View started me up really nice but EG was so-so, not my favourite track."

"5. Resin: [...]Again, if you keep bashing him, at least give credit where it's due. Making this song another highlight of the show from being just an OK one is actually a big deal. Man, it's fucking crazy if someone asks me what was the show like I have to talk about this song!
Still, I really don't think more of these would work. Sure, we are talking about ONE song, and two is also more than one, but I'm talking about four or five. Just no way, and as I said before, not because the crowd would not enjoy it, they'd just like some newer stuff more. That's my opinion, but at the end of the day, it's IF who decides what to play, and you, who decides to buy the ticket or not. I would've bought it if they played 5 older songs and I would've bought it if they had not played any old ones at all." - before you jump at me, the setlist you listed had 3 pre-Clayman songs.

"15. Monsters In The Ballroom: ROFL. So bad. Soooooooooo bad. I like two things in the studio version: the drum effects and the verse before the last chorus. Guess what, the drum effects were either not there or terribly mixed and the verse before the last chorus was inaudible. People were really struggling to get into it. Trust me, by the time of Knotfest they will not play this one live. But hey, I can say that I'm one of the few who ever saw this live so yeah, good for me? I dunno, but it was boring, unoriginal and simply terrible live."

"This performance was nothing to be ashamed of. No one will ever be satisfied with a setlist. No one. Ever. I won't even take a side; I personally understand where they are coming from to abandon older songs, but it's not even the only question in the air. Where the fucking hell is STYE? Why no rotations? Why so many songs from SOAPF? WHERE IS STYE? Dunno, questions of life, but the show was great nonetheless. If I were to make a new setlist with down to earth wishes, my dream setlist would probably be this:
In Plain View
The Quiet Place (in dreamland: Like You Better Dead)
Fear Is The Weakness
Trigger/System
Colony/Artifacts Of The Black Rain (in dreamland: Worlds Within The Margin)
Swim/Crawl Through Knives/Leeches
With Eyes Wide Open/Siren Charms
Paralyzed
Through Oblivion
Ropes
Delight And Angers/Alias
Cloud Connected/Jotun/Move Through Me (in dreamland: Condemned/Minus)
Only For The Weak
The Chosen Pessimist/Come Clarity (in dreamland: Dawn Of A New Day)
Vacuum/Stand Ablaze(speed up version)
Rusted Nail/Transparent (in dreamland: The Chase)
The Mirror's Truth/Dial 595-Escape (in dreamland: Borders And Shading/Suburban Me)
Deliver Us/All For Me/Black And White
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow (in dreamland: Free Fall)"

1,5 year later I would update that setlist, but the point is, I was never against fun or crazy setlists. But to be fair, club tours are the exception and not the rule, so I wouldn't get my hopes up that the next tour will start from there, especially knowing it will be, once again, a promotional tour for a new record and this time we have one more song (Paralyzed) on the "always played live" list, which means one less spot for cool things.

Well they shared the new setlist I guess.. And its prettyyy good one. Old,new,STYE everything is here. It would be awesome to see them with this setlist. Here:

13062213_998636100185149_8754412383257246179_n.jpg

Reactions: Jester Slave
Holy fucking shit black and white HYPE HYPE HYPE. I will never understand why The Hive is played, but as long as they play B&W alongside with it, I'm fine with it.

wait, where are they playing exactly? o_O

Lol you retards, that setlist is their autumn 2015 setlist, the one you just fucking discussed...No comment. It's the same one I heard, except that they played Jotun instead of OFTW which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely best setlist and best show I've been to so far (7 shows in total)

Reactions: eochaid
Lol you retards, that setlist is their autumn 2015 setlist, the one you just fucking discussed...No comment. It's the same one I heard, except that they played Jotun instead of OFTW which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely best setlist and best show I've been to so far (7 shows in total)

Hahaha we have great reading skills here.

I had a feeling it had to be up there on your best IF shows list krofius.

Jealous as fuck. A year ago I got to see them throw in Clayman, Bullet Ride and Embody the invisible etc.etc. but fuck...

Jotun, black and white, ordinary story, darker times, and all the others would be insane.

Shit is getting real

Woah dude, what if I am actually you? We need to go deeper, just like the Spanish clubs are going deeper into the Europen Cup rounds.

That's totally out of the question. Two stupid chatracters cannot coexist within the same body.

:tickled::tickled::tickled:

As much as I like OFTW (one of my favourite songs), it might felt refreshing not listening to it for once and having instead that masterpiece that is Jotun.

Last edited:
Since they shared it today, I thought it was going to be new setlist. Wow, that's my bad really lol.

Haha, when I saw it on Fbook today I had the exact same thought, especially when I checked the comments below, and it was the same old "old if vs new if" arguments, so I figured it can't be a new setlist, but I only realized B&W was on it when it was linked here.

Whatever guys, being handicapped is no easy task.