IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Bjorn wrote all the way back to TJR you idiots.
Not every song, but he contributed to a good number of classic IF songs pre-colony
Artifacts of the black rain
Lord Hypnos
Wayfarer
Goliath's disarm their David's
Jotun
Food for the god's
The hive
Morphing into primal

Dialogue with the Stars, too.

Then on Colony and Clayman it just said "all music by Strömblad & Gelotte" if I remember correctly.
Yes, I missed that one. I named only songs previous to colony because those were precisely what our nra friend was referring to.

From onwards all the music was written by Jesper and Bjorn.

If you're describing your current state then I agree.
I'm describing your out-of-ass falsified information that you keep spewing to try to assure everyone is fact.
You can't just go "Oh didn't do shit" because of how you feel, dumbass.

"Leads" aren't just guitar solos, you sperg. Leads consist of melodies any anything that isn't rhythm based playing. In Flames is a very melodic band. They don't just play rhythm throughout 90% of the song and bust out a lead for a solo.

For instance, moonshield has a shitload of leads over the rhythms in the verses and even the chorus, but they're not guitar solos.
Where the fuck are you getting these conclusions?

Like seriously. The whole reason why he named his new guitar "Jotun" is because he co-wrote it. You don't do that if you just "wrote the solo of the song".

What did change, is how much he contributed. While Jesper and Glenn were the forefront during TJR and Whoracle, Bjorn still contributed a decent amount. While you can hear more of it on Colony and on, you can still hear it within TJR and Whoracle.

"Leads" aren't just guitar solos, you sperg. Leads consist of melodies any anything that isn't rhythm based playing. In Flames is a very melodic band. They don't just play rhythm throughout 90% of the song and bust out a lead for a solo.

For instance, moonshield has a shitload of leads over the rhythms in the verses and even the chorus, but they're not guitar solos.
Where the fuck are you getting these conclusions?
Who said otherwise? Who said that he contributed shit to the band? I stayed a fact. Then I proved that you were right as for his contribution to the first to albums, thing that you were just too lazy to do.

But that has nothing to do with a new beginning proving that he contributed a lot or nothing to the first years of the band. This is were you're wrong but, as ever, you're just too blinded by the fact that I'm saying this or that instead of discussing if what I say is right or wrong.

Allow me to explain it in a way that even you can understand it. Bjorn's apport to IF is beyond dispute. He was a big part of the band from the moment that he entered, and that does not change the fact that he was hired under the condition of playing the leads. Nobody suggested that the leads were only the solo parts. ThatsT you making assumptions.

A new beginning is as much proof of Björn's contribution as Through Oblivion is proof of his lack of contribution. They have nothing to do with it. His name in the credits is what tells us how.muvh he contributed to the band.

Did you understand or should I say it using more simple words?

Like seriously. The whole reason why he named his new guitar "Jotun" is because he co-wrote it. You don't do that if you just "wrote the solo of the song".

What did change, is how much he contributed. While Jesper and Glenn were the forefront during TJR and Whoracle, Bjorn still contributed a decent amount. While you can hear more of it on Colony and on, you can still hear it within TJR and Whoracle.
I said that he was "commanded" to.play the leads, not that he could only write his parts. It's you making assumptions.

I'm describing your out-of-ass falsified information that you keep spewing to try to assure everyone is fact.
You can't just go "Oh didn't do shit" because of how you feel, dumbass.
Do you read my comments or you just come to the conclusions that you want.

You don't like me, so yoully never, probably, suck my dick. I'm ok with it. Dissapointed but ok. If you just, I don't know, instead of coming to conclusions, ask what I mean or try to have a decent conversation, maybe you should not look like an angry dick and we could come to a pint of agreement, even if we agree to disagree.

It's just that your shitty attitude makes wanna laugh, so, maybe, I'm being "obscure" on purpose.

So.maybe, if you try to change your attitude, I will try to change mine.

Who said otherwise? Who said that he contributed shit to the band? I stayed a fact. Then I proved that you were right as for his contribution to the first to albums, thing that you were just too lazy to do.

But that has nothing to do with a new beginning proving that he contributed a lot or nothing to the first years of the band. This is were you're wrong but, as ever, you're just too blinded by the fact that I'm saying this or that instead of discussing if what I say is right or wrong.

Allow me to explain it in a way that even you can understand it. Bjorn's apport to IF is beyond dispute. He was a big part of the band from the moment that he entered, and that does not change the fact that he was hired under the condition of playing the leads. Nobody suggested that the leads were only the solo parts. ThatsT you making assumptions.

A new beginning is as much proof of Björn's contribution as Through Oblivion is proof of his lack of contribution. They have nothing to do with it. His name in the credits is what tells us how.muvh he contributed to the band.

Did you understand or should I say it using more simple words?

With all the spelling/grammatical errors littered in those paragraphs, you just might have to, lmao.

You literally stated "He was hired to play solos". That explicitly suggests that he only did the solos on the first 2 real-band IF albums. He contributed to the leads in the songs he was credited on.

The whole point of me saying "You can hear his influence on In Flames" is because you can hear part of that writing style that he keeps dormant these days, hearkens back to the TJR/Whoracle/Colony guitar playing style.

It's obviously he contributed to the band's guitars ever since he was in the band, but yes, you can argue how much he did, but it's pretty fucking obvious, he didn't do "just scraps". You're making it sound like he only did 5% of anything back then.

Agree. If the 2019 album is another SOAPF I’ll stop complaining. If they half ass it again it’s over.

Yeah, pretty much the last chance for them.

Experiment all you want; I'd just want to hear an album that sounds inspired thoughout. Like I posted earlier, Björn himself said they wrote "Wallflower" (my definite favorite on Battles) because they felt the album needed something that wasn't "In Flames Format One - quickly getting to the chorus and stuff".

Reactions: Clay-Man
With all the spelling/grammatical errors littered in those paragraphs, you just might have to, lmao.

Lets make a deal. You write in Spanish without grammar and spelling mistakes and I will whip myself anytime that I make a mistake. Do you think that it is that easy to learn another language, even English, with the educational level of the underdeveloped country that is Spain? Compared to the leaders of my country I'm Shakespeare, and I'm almost self taught.

There you have a deceased dictator, the former king, the former major of Madrid, the deceased chairman of the biggest Bank of Spain and the president that convinced GW Bush that it was a good idea to attack Iraq. There's more where that came from.

Now, if you people really cared about my spelling or my grammar then you should tell me where I'm making mistakes so that I can learn. I have no problem being told that I'm wrong. That's the only way to learn.

You literally stated "He was hired to play solos". That explicitly suggests that he only did the solos on the first 2 real-band IF albums. He contributed to the leads in the songs he was credited on.

So what? Bjorn himself also said that. That doesn't mean that he was not allowed to do anything else. So I used solos instead of leads (whip). And I was replying to this statement "I think the liner notes said "additional guitar" though, so he probably didn't play that much." So there's a context to my words.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much the last chance for them.

Experiment all you want; I'd just want to hear an album that sounds inspired thoughout. Like I posted earlier, Björn himself said they wrote "Wallflower" (my definite favorite on Battles) because they felt the album needed something that wasn't "In Flames Format One - quickly getting to the chorus and stuff".
He needs to rethink his approach to the music. He's been recycling riffs, his and other bands' riffs, for the past two albums. He also needs to create music that matters, not something that is a mere background.

The thing is, Anders and Bjorn have already proven with SOAPF that they can write a good album without Jesper. Yes there are a lot of recycled riffs and wahhh solos on the album, and a lot of clean vocals too, but it still works. How they went from such an impressive album to SC/Battles is beyond me. I can understand if they wanted to experiment with SC, but wtf was Battles supposed to be? An experiment in being utterly mediocre and irrelevant? If so, job done.

Björn has writing credits on 5 songs on Whoracle whereas Glenn only has on 3. It's obvious he wasn't just ''the drummer'' on TJR and Whoracle. It was less on TJR than on Whoracle though. But he did more guitar work than Glenn did on Whoracle in total and that tells you something about his role in the band.

Reactions: Clay-Man
I don't think that I've said something different. Maybe, just maybe, his contribution in tjr is lesser since he was the new guy and he didn't fully know what the band was about. Or he lacked confidence at that time.

Last edited:
How do people here feel about Like Sand?

IMO the best song on the album. Verse and chorus sound like they belong to the same song. The chorus is catchy and while not trying too hard with synths and children chanting. Anders is used appropriately.

The solo is really disappointing though. It sounds like it's a start to a build up to something epic but instead it lasts 10 seconds and just transitions into Anders' whining. How lame.