IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

So, I was watching the asop documentary and, for that album, they've recorded 17 songs. So there are two missing songs while I always thought that there was only one.

In the same documentary, they were talking about a song that completely vanished. There was a technical problem at one of the computers and they said that song was deleted, cant remember if they recorded it again. But here's the one of the songs that was unreleased.

Also on one of the Q&A's on Facebook, I asked to Anders and Björn that if they had unreleased stuff from past albums, are you thinking about releasing them. Here's the full answer from Björn: "We do have some stuff and we will see. It's all I can say right now". This was from 2017 so we will see if they're going to release them or not.

Yes. But Jesper is reuniting the parts to recreate the song. Also they talk about 17 songs while Anders says that he worked on 16. So maybe they got it wrong or maybe there's some instrumental song. Though I'm pretty sure that I heard him singing two different choruses that are not in the album.

Last edited:
It's always smart for bands to have unreleased songs in the bank. I'm sure they'll eventually find their way onto a compilation album as bonus tracks, that's what normally happens. Honestly though, they've changed their sound so much over the course of the band's lifetime that a proper compilation album would sound pretty strange. Imagine going from Episode 666 to The Chosen Pessimist in the same album. Knowing Anders he'd put TCP on there, too, along with Scream, Bottled and The Truth.

It's funny because nowadays especially the bonus tracks tend to be the best ones, and should have been on the albums. Abnegation and Tilt were superior to pretty much everything on ASOP. Become the Sky and The Chase were the best songs from the SC sessions by far for me. I even liked Greatest Greed and Us Against the World from Battles, although I know most people hated the latter. I thought it was a cool little track though.

After a career of 24 years i'm not sure tgat they want to release a compilation album.

Metallica and Maiden released compilations at the end of the 2000s so it's certainly possible and an easy way to make some quick cash. Plus it's usually the record labels rather than the bands who want to put out those types of things. I think Century Media put one out a few years ago for In Flames. Don't think it had much on it though.

The suspense is killing me by the way. Hopes are a little low for something memorable, but I still want some new music.

Reactions: Ilias7
Metallica and Maiden released compilations at the end of the 2000s so it's certainly possible and an easy way to make some quick cash. Plus it's usually the record labels rather than the bands who want to put out those types of things. I think Century Media put one out a few years ago for In Flames. Don't think it had much on it though.
That's another problem. There are like six record labels involved.

Nono it's not 2 unreleased songs, it's just 1. One of those 2 was that short acoustic song Björn mainly wrote, that was for charity or something like that. The unreleased one is the one that was shown in the studio diaries with those lyrics ''at the end of a dream'' etc, and if I recall correctly, Jesper said it was a cover. There was also way back in 2008 or 2009 on Jesterhead a 1min clip of Peter recording bass for the same song and it sounded pretty cool. I don't know why they never released it, but I know in some interview a few years back Anders got asked about it and said it might get released in the future or as a bonus track or something.

Now I don't think that's going to be released before the new year arrives.
It's already announced to be released at the end of 2018 so definitely this year. I will be surprised if it drops later than some time in November.

Speaking of Jesterhead, I remember seeing one video on the site of Peter and Daniel rehearsing "Touch of Red" and both of them grunting and roaring like caveman throughout. Wish I could find it.

There was also that video of Bjorn and Jesper rehearsing "In Flames" from Lunar Strain, which was mega-cool.

Ah, yes, it was this one:

"THEY RAVAGE MY SOUL"

EDIT: Love the video description that it was a demo of one of their "upcoming songs." Time is a snake devouring its own tail.

Last edited:
Nono it's not 2 unreleased songs, it's just 1. One of those 2 was that short acoustic song Björn mainly wrote, that was for charity or something like that.
Bjorn writting and recording a song in his own during that period? That's highly improbable. They probably were mistaken when saying that there were 17 songs. As for the acoustic song, maybe it was taken from some dismissed session or maybe they were asked to participate on the charity event and Bjorn recorded something on his own.

But I don't think that's what they're talking about when they say that they have 17 songs. I also doubt that the other one is a cover.

Bjorn writting and recording a song in his own during that period? That's highly improbable. They probably were mistaken when saying that there were 17 songs. As for the acoustic song, maybe it was taken from some dismissed session or maybe they were asked to participate on the charity event and Bjorn recorded something on his own.

But I don't think that's what they're talking about when they say that they have 17 songs. I also doubt that the other one is a cover.

Here's the song that he's talking about, I think it was recorded during the ASOP sessions. But I agree with you, dont think one of those 2 songs was cover, I watched that documentary and I dont remember anything like this though I remember that one of the songs was deleted. Will check ASOP doc. today.

Fucking Anders, man. He does some amazing work for other projects (the one with nuclear blast, Self vs. Self, now this), yet he rarely invites others to collaborate in his records. Even in their older records, they could have invited a guitarist or vocalist to one of their songs, but now that they produce songs like the ones on Battles, they could invite almost anyone and be able to fit them into their music.Well, I guess after a decade I'm once again excited for a Within Temptation release, lol.

Never heard that "Björn song", but sounds fine. I wish they re-used it.

And I wouldn't bet on an IF compilation record if I were you. If they wanted to make easy money with Greatest Hits stuff, they'd be releasing their 3rd or 4th one already.

Also, De4life left out Watch Them Feed. Sure, R2R was great to begin with, so the song doesn't exactly stand out, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

Fucking Anders, man. He does some amazing work for other projects (the one with nuclear blast, Self vs. Self, now this), yet he rarely invites others to collaborate in his records. Even in their older records, they could have invited a guitarist or vocalist to one of their songs, but now that they produce songs like the ones on Battles, they could invite almost anyone and be able to fit them into their music.Well, I guess after a decade I'm once again excited for a Within Temptation release, lol.

Never heard that "Björn song", but sounds fine. I wish they re-used it.

And I wouldn't bet on an IF compilation record if I were you. If they wanted to make easy money with Greatest Hits stuff, they'd be releasing their 3rd or 4th one already.

Also, De4life left out Watch Them Feed. Sure, R2R was great to begin with, so the song doesn't exactly stand out, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

Anders featured on 2 more songs that isnt metal genre but they're pretty good. One is Martin Rubashov - Black Elk and the other one is The Bloody Beetroots - Irreversible. Awesome songs specially the second one, you should check it out.

Here's the song that he's talking about, I think it was recorded during the ASOP sessions. But I agree with you, dont think one of those 2 songs was cover, I watched that documentary and I dont remember anything like this though I remember that one of the songs was deleted. Will check ASOP doc. today.

I know that song. I said what I think about it. Highly improbable.