IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Also this song is fucking awesome. Chainheart Machine/Predator's Portrait/NBC era Soilwork were incredible.

First two minutes are kinda interesting ,except the chorus which is just shit. Then it all delves into chaos. I like chaos (- every 14 years old ever), but it's the song you show to your friends because you think it is genius, but it's really not.

The bane of many bands is becoming too structured though. Soilwork usually pulls it off better, not counting their latest record, but for a band like IF it's pretty much a death sentence. I have no idea what the actual fuck is happening during most of the STYE songs, but it keeps them fresh and unique.
The autism in your soul
Always a part of you
Jesus Christ. But what actually bothers me is whether or not your choice of the crop size is better than mine or not. Right now I'm saying it's not, but it may be just refusal on my part.

Happy birthday to Anders, but please make a birthday wish for a better producer.

I wouldn't bet much money on this happening in the near future. The last time I was at the local library I found an interview with Björn and Anders, and they were praising Benson quite a bit, how well he understands the band and how they didn't even consider another producer after working with Benson on Battles. Also Benson had said In Flames were very easy to work with compared to certain other bands, for example Motörhead.

On the whole there wasn't much new and interesting in that interview. Some things I remember:

-Anders said he still sometimes gets asked the question "how come you aren't releasing albums like Whoracle any longer?" and stated that one reason is when Whoracle was made they were young 20-something angsty lads, so the circumstances Whoracle was written in couldn't even be replicated.

-When asked about some of the craziest tour memories: In Colombia their driver didn't stop at any red traffic lights en route from the airport to the hotel. They were told ignoring the red lights was actually safer than stopping the vehicle.

-When asked what band they would tour with if it was possible to pick any, Björn immediately said "Slayer, no two words about it" and Anders agreed with him.

Last edited:
First two minutes are kinda interesting ,except the chorus which is just shit. Then it all delves into chaos. I like chaos (- every 14 years old ever), but it's the song you show to your friends because you think it is genius, but it's really not.

Wrong.

I wouldn't bet much money on this happening in the near future. The last time I was at the local library I found an interview with Björn and Anders, and they were praising Benson quite a bit, how well he understands the band and how they didn't even consider another producer after working with Benson on Battles. Also Benson had said In Flames were very easy to work with compared to certain other bands, for example Motörhead.

Yeah, unfortunately I think Benson and Anders/Bjorn are a perfect fit for each other - albeit for all the wrong reasons.

jesterslave's favorite IF song is Puzzle

Autism-Puzzle-Piece--1024x682.jpg

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
This thread is becoming less and less interesting. I must say that's due to certain attitudes that don't want to contribute shit to the discussion.

haven't listened to the new album since the first week of this month. I think that says a lot.

Haven't listened to the album since the first day I heard it.
On the other hand, I've probably listened through the new Devin Townsend album at least 20 times in less than a week, it's shaping up to be one of my favorite albums ever, a fucking masterpiece IMO. Would never believe I'd hear Chad Kroeger of Nickelback harmonizing in a chorus with Devin Townsend in a Death Metal-ish sounding song and think it's great.

I still listen the album, its pretty good, an upgrade to Battles which I liked. I'm surprised that I am Above get this many views, looks like everyone loving the new album?

I still listen the album, its pretty good, an upgrade to Battles which I liked. I'm surprised that I am Above get this many views, looks like everyone loving the new album?

Don't get your expectations that high. Is definitely an improvement from the last two albums but it's still far away grom being a generally praised album. I still listen to like five songs. Voices is definitely better than my first impression. And I the mask is good with the exception of the chorus.

Deep Inside reminds me of Iron Maiden.

Yeah I still listen to a half of the album from time to time. IIA is a really good single by modernd daystandards.

The thing that bothers me is the lack of speed, agresion and bite on the album. Some songs are really good, but it seem like everything is so streamlined and slow to midtempo...

It is funny how our interest dies as soon as album is out. It just points towards how shallow and pop-like modern IF are. There just isn't enough layers and long term value in their music.

There are a handful of songs from this album I still listen to and will stay in rotation on my random playlist. ITM, IAA, Burn, Deep Inside and Stay With Me. The rest go into the 'probably won't listen to very often if at all' pile.

It is funny how our interest dies as soon as album is out. It just points towards how shallow and pop-like modern IF are. There just isn't enough layers and long term value in their music.

We talk way more about the pre-Battles albums than we do about the newer ones. SC only because of how weird it is. To this day we're still discussing the merits and flaws of the 1994-2006 albums especially. Come Clarity is definitely where IF had their last big hurrah for me. I loved SOAPF but there's a lot of people who don't. ASOP and SC are obviously very polarising. Battles is the definition of forgettable. Not sure where ITM will fit, but I don't think we'll be talking that much about it in future.

The main problem seems to be that they aren't able to keep people, fans generally speaking, fully interested on their new albums. With every release there are supporters (ciko), skeptics (slave or krofius) and people that won't be interested at all (Krofius aldo seems to fall into this category). So they're not widely accepted by the community.

the songs aren't bad, it's just not interesting to me after trying for a few days

So, the IF gig I'm going to just changed to a much smaller veue :D guess ticket sales didn't go so well.