IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

IF also ripping off other bands don't bring "awesome" results.

It's funny how the rerecordings are more bland, more fake, less intense than the ITM album.

Honestly listening to how bad the rerecordings sound, it's like they were forced to do it by the record label and purposefully made the rerecorded songs sound as shit as possible so that they were never asked to do it again.

Reactions: eochaid
You know, it's really silly how metal bands always have to look so miserable in their photos. So I've added a smile to some of our favourites :cool:

IMG-20210603-103052.jpg

Face-App-1622727183114.jpg

Face-App-1622727257520.jpg

Face-App-1622677878329.jpg

Face-App-1622677974070.jpg

Face-App-1622713004277.jpg

^ For some reason FaceApp didn't recognise the guy on the left as a face, so he remains moody.
Face-App-1622713217019.jpg

Face-App-1622713271297.jpg

Face-App-1622713326530.jpg

^ this one is actually a bit creepy the further back you go :D
Face-App-1622713448585.jpg

Reactions: Daniel_36
I never thought on using the app like this. Amazing! Give Phil Anselmo a smile. He needs it more than anyone.

Now, we just need an app to make them look like they're not homeless.

Last edited:
Face-App-1622739026614.jpg

There we go. Even FaceApp struggled to put a smile on his face tbh, but we were able to give him his hair back and add some glasses for some extra class.

Props to FaceApp, most of those look natural, probably what they look like most of the time. That first one of Anders is pure win.

The Darkthrone one is my favourite, I think. From miserable looking lads:

latest

To happy-go-lucky cheeky metal chappies :cool:

Face-App-1622677974070.jpg

Bruh, who are these fuckers blatantly ripping off Pinball Map with shittier production, lyrics and vocals? :D

It came out in 2004 apparently. According to wikipedia Chris Impellitteri is a famous guitarist, but if so then I question why he's ripping off other bands.

I remember that song. To be fair it was meant as a tribute. The official song title was either "The Kingdom of Titus (Tribute)" or "The Fall of Titus (American metal vs. Swedish metal)" depending on what edition of the album you got.

Problem is to my knowledge Pinball Map and indeed In Flames aren't mentioned anywhere, and in the booklet it says Music: Impellitteri... so, yeah, "tribute" is just a way of saying "rip off" in this instance.

After seeing Metallica's collaborations for the reissue of the black album:poo:, I don't feel animosity towards Clayman's re-recordings anymore.

New At the Gates is good. :cool:

I need new In Flames...

somebody save me...
Agree, last ATG wasn’t that great to me except for a couple parts, but this one has more cool parts that make me want to listen again and again.

Cosmic Pessimism is cool to me. I like that clean groove. Which one draws you in?

Why? To maintain the balance?

Good At the Gates, Meh Dark Tranquillity, and Bad In Flames. The holy trinity...

Maybe IF will surprise me!

Agree, last ATG wasn’t that great to me except for a couple parts, but this one has more cool parts that make me want to listen again and again.

Cosmic Pessimism is cool to me. I like that clean groove. Which one draws you in?

I think I preferred their last album overall, but the new one is still great. I love all the experimentation going on in songs like Garden of Cyrus, The Fall Into Time, and Cosmic Pessimism. And the usual catchy AtG stuff with The Paradox, Cult of Salvation, etc. It's all very dynamic and interesting.

Yeah, Cosmic Pessimism is great, right? Especially the clean passages, as you said. That's my favorite right now, but The Fall Into Time and Touched By the White Hands of Death are growing on me.