IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Ok guys i was here only for the leaks, see you probably in 2021 when new in flames album will appear ( unless I commit suicide)

I may not comment much, being a bit newer and all, but I check in here and get updated on comments about 2-3 times daily. I like reading discussion and make my little comments here and there.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
People don’t ask them why their new albums suck because it’s 1.) easily treated as an opinion (which it is, at the end of the day, and you can argue objectivity but most of the time that’s just a way of saying “no my opinion is right because X and Y”) and because it’s 2.) the interviewer’s job to get information from the band about their album, tours, and what’s happening in the band itself, not grill them about music quality. It’s not like this is 60 Minutes.

The interviewers gushing over the band are also doing it wrong.

Anders’ likely response to “why do your new albums suck” would probably be “we’re happy with it, I personally don’t think we’ve changed much, and I’m glad that you care, at least.”

That wasn't the question, although you've done well trying to build a strawman there! The questions were:

1) Why are your lyrics noticeably less complex and interesting now compared to pre-ASOP? (you could argue that's an opinion, but it's pretty much as close to a fact as you'll get without it being a fact)

and

2) Why haven't you release any particularly good metal tracks since 2011? - this isn't saying the albums suck, just a comment on the rock-ish vibe they've gone with since SOAPF (which in my view is still very much a metal album).

Second question maybe a little loaded than the first, but the point isn't so much saying "your albums suck", but more "why the noticeable move away from metal, and are you coming back around to a more metal viewpoint with ITM?"

Rather than "HOW ABOUT THOSE FANS WHO WANT ANOTHER JESTER RACE LOL!"

@DE4life No strawman intended — I was on mobile and was using “why do your new albums suck” as shorthand for those questions. Not very fair of me to put it that way, I realize, but articulating an argument with your thumbs sucks.

I do think his responses would be mostly the same as I suggested, albeit with a little “I don’t want to write epic lyrics anymore, I’ve already done that” to address the lyrics question.

@DE4life No strawman intended — I was on mobile and was using “why do your new albums suck” as shorthand for those questions. Not very fair of me to put it that way, I realize, but articulating an argument with your thumbs sucks.

I do think his responses would be mostly the same as I suggested, albeit with a little “I don’t want to write epic lyrics anymore, I’ve already done that” to address the lyrics question.

Maybe, but if he answered like that it would just be a cop out. We aren't talking TJR/Whoracle style lyrics, we're talking Colony - CC era. These aren't "epic" lyrics, they're still personal and introspective - they just have way more effort put into them.

Best track off Verkligheten imo. Dat solo starting at 03:37 :cool: blows Bjorn's stuff out of the water I'm afraid, as does Arch Enemy's guitar work.

This is a good solo to fall asleep to. 2/10. The main riff in the song however is very cool. I'm glad you guys are linking what you think can be considered good music (or good part of a music), because in comparison, IF usually looks and sounds much better than that.

It's also intriguing how Anders is basically being told what he should be writing. I'm sure you guys are still in tears from the latest Soilwork and Arch Enemy lyrics. Personally, they changed my world view, and inspired me to start writing a book. I wish Anders had their Tolkien level writing ability. Here, I would like to present Soilwork's The Nurturing Glance, and how it changed my life.

Luminous deity
Perilous djinn
Sacrificed unity
Servants of sin

Ominous spiritus
Reaper of souls
Living in all of us
Seizing control

These are my everyday fears. I wake up every morning, and think: "man, perilous djinn!!" It is honestly scary how relateable this stuff is right here.

What if it's too late to suffer?
What if if s too late to die?

Now you may say these questions are cheesy and edgy, but are they? What if in our suffering it is too late to die? What if dying is suffering? Really makes you think. I think I'll tatto this on my ass cheeks.

As we rise
Seeking shelter from our sins
We'll escape
From the universe within
In a time
When the veil is growing thin
We'll take flight
From the universe within

Finally a lyric about the UNIVERSE. Do you know what's in the universe? Space. Fuck yeah. I remember back in the day when IF knew that all good lyrics are centered around space. Soilwork still knows it. Also, we are rising up apparently.

Eschaton aftermath
Burying trust
Even this psychopath
Learns to adjust

Your first thought may be "what the fuck is he singing about", but that's the point dude. It makes you wonder. What if the perilious djinn is just an eschaton aftermath after all? There is a story being unfolded here.

We're unwanted pariahs
At the governance doors
It's the finalization
Of what's happened before

Honestly, this is the part where I broke down crying. This is the very definition of hitting the nail on the head. Look in the mirror. What do you see? An unwated pariah at the governance doors. Fuck man, I'm tearing up just writing it out.

I really wish In Flames, mainly Anders would get a fucking hold on himself and put out quality lyrics like this.

Condensed Slave's post for anybody who can't be bothered to read all that.
Yes, a fanboy of Soilwork. And good lyrics. This is my number 1 motto: does it have good lyrics? no? Then don't show me, son. Frankly, every sane person should have the same mentality. If you wouldn't read an entire book about the story told in the lyrics, why would you even want to listen to that?

Also, I like perilious djinns, but that's just a guilty pleasure of mine.

This is my number 1 motto: does it have good lyrics? no? Then don't show me, son.

Cool. Me too.

Whilst this may risk triggering Slave again, one of my other favourites from Verkligheten and a hugely underrated track, imo:

Still no idea who Dave Sheldon is though.

Some of the choruses on Verkligheten remind me of how epic IF choruses used to sound, before it all got watered down during the SC/Battles period.

That's actually a good song. One of the few songs on the new record where the milk doesn't go bad in your mouth AND it manages to be melodic.

Soilwork is so above In Flames (pun intended). The Living Infinite, Live in the Heart of Helsinki, The Ride Majestic and now Verkligheten. Meanwhile, In Flames released disappointing albums.

Verkligheten is shit compared to what Soilwork can produce. It's good music for those whose biggest adventures in life that they sometimes drink their coffe with 2 serves of sugar instead of one.

Also, TLI is the most overrated Soilwork record out there. It's almost like SOAPF for IF. The two title tracks are very, very good, but holy shit, the rest is painfully mediocre and it would have been better off as a single record.

Aside from these, it is understandable if people like Soilwork more, because they always do the same, so if you like your coffe with 1 sugar, than Soilwork all the way. Also also, The Ride Majestic was definitely a 9 or 10 record, even better in hindsight, and seeing how Verkisomething fell so flat and being so forgettable.

Also, TLI is the most overrated Soilwork record out there. It's almost like SOAPF for IF. The two title tracks are very, very good, but holy shit, the rest is painfully mediocre and it would have been better off as a single record.

The Living Infinite is the best modern melodic metal album out there, no less. Any other albums by IF, DT, etc just wish they were as good as ONE of the two albums in this glorious double winning machine.

Soilwork is so above In Flames (pun intended). The Living Infinite, Live in the Heart of Helsinki, The Ride Majestic and now Verkligheten. Meanwhile, In Flames released disappointing albums.

Have to agree. Soilwork know exactly what they're doing and produce consistently high quality albums. In Flames meanwhile are thrashing around with no real identity, half the band is now random American dudes, and they're hanging around LA with Howard Benson wishing they were these big rock stars. It's fine, but I'm pretty sure Living Infinite/Ride Majestic/Verkligheten will be considered by most to be significantly better both musically and creatively than Siren Charms/Battles/I, The Mask. It isn't even close to being a contest for me, and I'm confident of saying that well before ITM has even been released.

How the fuck do you manage to be so completely and utterly wrong?
TLI is overhyped by a LOT.

Verk is shit.

TRM is great.

I am completely right in everything here, but it's completely fine if you personally prefer those records. It won't make them good, but no one should tell anyone what they are supposed to like and don't like, so more power to you!

TLI goes from mediocre to good. A think is't a bit overrated just because it is a double album.

Interesting how Soilwork is always releasing good albums, but never reached serious commercial success. Although that has a silver lining I guess, as they've stopped trying and went back to writing more complex music.