IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I like how Anders explains why he won't do again the old albums. It's sad that he still needs to say it.
To me it’s just bullshit talk. Obviously they have been hitting some old school style on this new album. It all can be swept under the rug of “this is where we are right now” and “this is what we feel really good about”. If they feel like it they could record some classic music and still not contradict what they said here.

On another note, anybody think IF might be ready for a new big style change or phase?

1994 - 2000 Classic IF
2002 - 2008 New IF ending with ASOP which called back to a lot of their previous work
2011- 2019 Modern IF (possibly ending with I The Mask which calls back to a lot of their previous work)

2021 - ? Jesper returns? EDM style?

Jesper returns and the first album they put out with him sucks so much that even the trolls on Ultimate Metal will be listening to Our House for comfort.

Reactions: Clay-Man
The more reviews I read, the more sure I am that we have already heard the best songs the album had to offer. I hope I am wrong about this.

On another note, anybody think IF might be ready for a new big style change or phase?

I was thinking the same thing. Considering that they are getting old, I believe their next phase will be less agression, slower riffs, almost only clean singing. Imagine a record full of songs like TO, Siren Charms, TT, Like Sand, In My Room,...

Interviews with Anders always look the same-
Anders, tell us what we can expect from the upcoming Album?
Anders: well eeeee mmmm eeee yyyy eee we want to creat something special for our fans and it's really cool that we can work with guys like howard benson in LA eee. ..you know good weather and BBQ hyhyhy

Ok cool cool ..why new in flames albums suck?
Anders: we don't want to creat ,, the jester race two" if you have problem with that gtfo.. you know it's good to go in studio with nothing and go out with something eeee eeee ok fuck off

It's because interviewers always ask him the same fucking questions. Nobody has the balls to say "hey Anders, why are your lyrics so generic and shit compared to pre-2008?" or "hey Anders, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates and Soilwork have all been releasing really awesome albums over the last few years. Why haven't In Flames produced any decent metal worth a shit since SOAPF?"

I'd like to see the answers to those questions. Although it'd probably still be rambling nonsense about "melody" (you're in a band for a living, Anders, melody is kind of a prerequisite) or "I luv the older albums but we can't do them any more hurr durr".

It's because interviewers always ask him the same fucking questions. Nobody has the balls to say "hey Anders, why are your lyrics so generic and shit compared to pre-2008?" or "hey Anders, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates and Soilwork have all been releasing really awesome albums over the last few years. Why haven't In Flames produced any decent metal worth a shit since SOAPF?"

I'd like to see the answers to those questions. Although it'd probably still be rambling nonsense about "melody" (you're in a band for a living, Anders, melody is kind of a prerequisite) or "I luv the older albums but we can't do them any more hurr durr".
You cannot spect this to happen when some interviewers write things like fuck the haters.

Heeyy British guy don't be fuc☆☆☆ betrayer, Arch Enemy, Soilwork DT and ATG maybe creat more aggressive music compare to the new in flames but in flames are fathers of melodic death metal!
Arch Enemy is only a melodeath band like other bands from this genre. Alternative IF is still better than all these funny childish bands

Uhmmm. No. They're not. They're among the pioneers but they're not the fathers of the genre.

Heeyy British guy don't be fuc☆☆☆ betrayer, Arch Enemy, Soilwork DT and ATG maybe creat more aggressive music compare to the new in flames but in flames are fathers of melodic death metal!
Arch Enemy is only a melodeath band like other bands from this genre. Alternative IF is still better than all these funny childish bands

Sorry Polish girl but bands like ATG and Carcass were the fathers of MDM, IF hitched onto the wagon for a few years (as they have done throughout their whole career, find a trend and go with it for a while) then became more straight heavy/melodic metal from Colony onwards. I only really consider TJR and Whoracle proper MDM albums. Maybe Lunar/Sub as well but those were really just demos with totally different band members.

All of In Flames' contemporaries produce consistently better music now. Even the lesser songs on Will To Power blow anything from SC or Battles out of the water, and most likely I, the Mask as well.

I thought they were 4 fathers of MDM: In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates in Sweden and Carcass in UK. It just happened that In Flames got more famous.

I think Colony and Clayman are proper MDM albums too. In fact, I even consider Clayman as the epitome of MDM.

I thought they were 4 fathers of MDM: In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates in Sweden and Carcass in UK. It just happened that In Flames got more famous.

I think Colony and Clayman are proper MDM albums too. In fact, I even consider Clayman as the epitome of MDM.

DT maybe, since they released Skydancer in 1993 and that was a proper MDM album. IF didn't release TJR until late 95/early 96. The only reason people consider IF "fathers" of MDM is because they are the first MDM band they heard and/or liked back in the late 90's.

TJR and Clayman have completely different sounds so I find it odd for them to be classed in the same sub-genre. They're obviously both metal albums but they don't sound similar at all.

I think that, when talking about melodeath, people usually refers to at the gates instead to in flames.