IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

also CoB is the edgecore flowerpowermetal band of melodeath.
They ruined the genre to be honest. Used to be about shit like Carcass and ATG with some speedy thrashy song structures with iron maiden riffs, now it's shitty symphonic metal with harsh vocals.

ugh
I honestly don't know why they exploded and became so big. I mean they've never had any clean vocals whatsoever, and the vocals on the first couple albums especially are as far from accessible as you can get lol. Probably because of the catchy melodies and riffs

24/7, Bodom After Midnight and Bodom Beach Terror were the shit back in the day. R2R, Stabbing the Drama and Hate Crew Deathroll songs were all number 2 behind the radio-level commercially succesfull bands, and they spread like fire thanks to the rise of chat programs like MSN Messenger.

I think Bodom's music was just friendly enough to be the part of this group. That fucking grim reaper was the profile picture on MSN at one point for every metalhead, haha.

fun trivia: mine was stabbing the drama vocer with the white background.

edit: also, name a more iconic duo of the early 2000s than downloading "Linkin Park - Giving In" from limewire. Well, maybe downloading a trojan from Limewire.

Reactions: Vermyn
I honestly don't know why they exploded and became so big. I mean they've never had any clean vocals whatsoever, and the vocals on the first couple albums especially are as far from accessible as you can get lol. Probably because of the catchy melodies and riffs

Scene girls (and some boys) thought Laiho was "sooo hot". That's it. Well, in this country anyway. CoB fans were a running joke.

24/7, Bodom After Midnight and Bodom Beach Terror were the shit back in the day. R2R, Stabbing the Drama and Hate Crew Deathroll songs were all number 2 behind the radio-level commercially succesfull bands, and they spread like fire thanks to the rise of chat programs like MSN Messenger.

I think Bodom's music was just friendly enough to be the part of this group. That fucking grim reaper was the profile picture on MSN at one point for every metalhead, haha.

fun trivia: mine was stabbing the drama vocer with the white background.

edit: also, name a more iconic duo of the early 2000s than downloading "Linkin Park - Giving In" from limewire. Well, maybe downloading a trojan from Limewire.

Damn that’s nostalgic. I can remember Napster as well. I thought that shit was the future. Then limewire haha. Discovering new bands increased my cd collection with those programs. Now all my cd cases are in boxes. I have over 1000.

Now it’s all records and didgital. Kind of feel like I’m going backwards sometimes lol

Songs like Ordinary Story are where I point idiots who are like "why do ya wanna haer lyrics about space and shit rofl it doesn't make sense and its gay". I've never suggested Anders goes back to writing lyrics like TJR or Whoracle, they are cool but it was mostly Sundin's work. Those lyrics are blatantly not written in Anders' style.

What I want him to go back to is lyrics like Embody the Invisible, Ordinary Story, Scorn... well, pretty much the entire of Colony and Clayman. These lyrics were personal but at the same time really creative and thoughtful. I mean, Ordinary Story isn't exactly groundbreaking, but it feels like effort was put into the lyrics anyway. Nowadays it's like minimum effort is put in, and the people who like his modern lyrics are the same vapid bores who post endless memes on facebook and watch reality TV. "Oh I relate to those lyrics, I hurt too". Fuck off. I want good lyrics, not whiny bitching. Even post-2000 there is some good stuff. Reroute to Remain, System, Evil in a Closet, Dead End, etc. It's not like Anders lost the ability to write decent lyrics, he just doesn't seem to want to put the effort in. He'd rather coast on these simple "woe is me" sad sack songs which might impress moping teenagers but to adults just read as annoying and pathetic.

Reactions: galvanized
Had a dream that I, the Mask came out and it was nothing like what's been advertised. I flipped open the cover booklet and saw that the first song was not "Voices" but "The Diurnal Spathis". I started reading the lyrics and the first verse was:

video games are lots of fun
press Y to jump and hold B to run
i'm mashing A to get the highest score
i've never had to use the X button before

I turned to my brother and I was like "Dude, I really have to say, as much as I love these guys, these lyrics are really bad."

Had a dream that I, the Mask came out and it was nothing like what's been advertised. I flipped open the cover booklet and saw that the first song was not "Voices" but "The Diurnal Spathis". I started reading the lyrics and the first verse was:

I turned to my brother and I was like "Dude, I really have to say, as much as I love these guys, these lyrics are really bad."
No no.. you're wrong..I had the same dream and first song was about BBQ

You need therapy.

Reactions: DE4life and Vermyn

Today I went to therapy
Told him my embarrassing
Issues that I'm having with my life
He told me that I need to change
Life is not a video game
So stop playing and open up your eyes!!! XD

"In the studio, it's more fun to sing clean, but I love to scream because then you get the energy from the crowd; you have all these people screaming in your face instead of a dead microphone in the recording studio."

lol, he's basically saying "Sing in the studio, so it can be produced to sound 'good,' and scream live because that's what people actually want to hear."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...sound__demanding_return_to_classic_style.html

Reactions: eochaid

Those lyrics are probably the funniest thing I read this year.
Go get a doctor.

"In the studio, it's more fun to sing clean, but I love to scream because then you get the energy from the crowd; you have all these people screaming in your face instead of a dead microphone in the recording studio."

lol, he's basically saying "Sing in the studio, so it can be produced to sound 'good,' and scream live because that's what people actually want to hear."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...sound__demanding_return_to_classic_style.html
No he's basically saying exactly what his quote is saying lol, why are you trying to interpret it another way

Here’s the deal with the mask

It's this 'Jesterboy' who, he got abused by his dad and so he wanted to [seek] revenge on his dad but accidentally killed his brother while burning down the house his dad was in. To deal with the guilt and everything, he took on his persona of the mask with the jester and he starts fighting demons to deal with everything in his imaginary world. It's the first time we sort of gave the 'Jester' a body, but it's not the 'Jester' you know, it's just using this 'Jester' as a mask to shield himself from the outside and deal with all the bad things and the guilt and the darkness."

The article has a click bait title.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...k-and-do-another-the-jester-race-or-whoracle/

How the fuck did you reach that conclusion, when he literally states what he meant? Holy shit, the absolute reach some people can do in order to pour some shit from their mouths.

Worst of it all, it's even factually incorrect, because screams can be programmed just as good if not better than cleans, so... yeah, just sit down.

How the fuck did you reach that conclusion, when he literally states what he meant? Holy shit, the absolute reach some people can do in order to pour some shit from their mouths.

Worst of it all, it's even factually incorrect, because screams can be programmed just as good if not better than cleans, so... yeah, just sit down.
It's funny because this has happened to you a few times. They saying something and then you interpreting it in another way.

I like how Anders explains why he won't do again the old albums. It's sad that he still needs to say it.

Here’s the deal with the mask

The article has a click bait title.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...k-and-do-another-the-jester-race-or-whoracle/

On whether he agrees with the notion that "I, The Mask" is more guitar-oriented than 2016's "Battles":

Anders: "I agree in many ways. There's equally much as of the electronics, it's just in the production. It's great that you say it's more guitar-oriented. There's as much guitar as on 'Battles', but the production, the mix, it's different. It's sort of the only thing we said prior to the album because we don't have big meetings about what we should do or shouldn't do, we just go with the flow. We said, 'Let's move the guitars a little bit forward in the mix.'

I pretty much agree with him on this. Production on Battles drains the life out of the guitars. They are there, they are just thin, weak and taking a backseat to the vocals.

we don't want to be that boring, sad person that drags everybody down by saying, 'Oh, I'm not feeling good today.' Usually, you wake up and somebody asks and you're, like, 'It's okay.' You're not explaining the whole, 'No, I feel like shit.'

... but at least I feel something?