In Flames - The Jester Race

A Reason To Sing

The tomato is a fruit
Nov 28, 2005
Bay Area, California U.S.
One of the greatest albums ever to be created. Hands down. I don't appreciate much of In Flames's new work, but I give them mad props for that album. Everything they did pre Clayman era rocked. Moonsheild..the very first track off The Jester Race...man, it gets you crazy.

Amazing metal album. My all time favorite. I've decided.

Deadlift said:
Yes, easily their best album for sure. But not very related to Opeth :p

:) Well, I've seen a couple of off topic threads, so I thought it would be okay to share this here. I rarely post in other boards. However, if this is against some rule or whatever, feel free to lock it down.

A Reason To Sing said:
:) Well, I've seen a couple of off topic threads, so I thought it would be okay to share this here. I rarely post in other boards. However, if this is against some rule or whatever, feel free to lock it down.

It`s ok for me. I just warned you for the big bad moderators.

Yeah and I really hate off-topic threads. :mad: But I will say you are correct and I think the Jester Race is definitely an awesome album. I especially like the EP with "Goliath's Disarm Their Davids" one of the best songs I've ever heard!

i love IF i must admit, i even liked RTR somewhat and a couple of tracks off STYE (so shoot me lol) but nobody can deny their glory days are over.however,their live power is tough to match.A question, why does bjorn play all the solos now? jespers too nü metal to solo or something?

A Reason To Sing said:
One of the greatest albums ever to be created. Hands down. I don't appreciate much of In Flames's new work, but I give them mad props for that album. Everything they did pre Clayman era rocked. Moonsheild..the very first track off The Jester Race...man, it gets you crazy.

Amazing metal album. My all time favorite. I've decided.
Man, TJR is good. I think I like Whoracle even more though.

I'm really mad that Come Clarity isn't better than it is. It's better than RTR and STYE, for sure, but that's not saying much. It's not even better than Clayman. But then again Clayman is a really good album. At least the first half of it is.

Hypnos said:
TJR is easily the best IF album. Moonshield and Artifacts Of Black Rain rule...
The beginning of that album kicks so much ass. Moonshield...Jester's Dance...Artifacts...triple whammy.

Graveland isn't as good though. But it really kicks back in with Jester Race and December Flower. DF has the best solo ever.