In my time of need (type error?)

MetalJester098

New Metal Member
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
While listening to my brand new damnation disc:Smug:, I was reading the lyrics booklet and I noticed that there is a print erroro_O and I would like another few opinions. The lyrics book states 'And I should step out of the rain and walk away' but the song seems to say 'turn away' or 'eternally' instead of 'walk away'. Am I right and if I am, am I the first to notice this.:loco:

So if you guys could look at your books, listen to the song and give me your opinion: 'walk away', 'turn away' or 'eternally'

Cheers:wave:

It's nothing unusual that the lyrics booklet says something that slightly differs from what the vocalist actually sings - though I've never found such deviations in Opeth songtexts before... Oh, and I think he sings "turn away", not "eternally".

Still Life has a whole verse reprinted in the wrong place somewhere.

Almost all Opeth booklets have typos. Sometimes I wonder if the band even reads over them (probably not). It's kind of irritating, although the Still brooding, soothing clam line in Godhead's Lament is priceless.

Some are typos, but aren't there also some lyrics which michael vocally modified during the recording of the track? You know, that he first writes the lyrics, records the song and decides to change them a slight bit without writing the change down. Finally he gives in the lyrics unmodified on paper to the people who take care of the booklet.
It's quite absurd I know, or isn't it? :eek:

ha.. yep, I noticed this too.

I think there's an error in the Still Life booklet too (probably more than one) The one I'm thinking of is in the lyrics to Face Of Melinda -- "all faith forever has been washed away," in the booklet it's "..led astray"

no biggie.