Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Immolation

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters

Master_Yoda77

Juggalo
Mar 30, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Saw this on the NWN forums. The results were literally 50%/49% with Incantation being the victor. I've thought about this a long time as well and I really have no clue who i'd vote for.

Posts reasons too faggots.

Kinda comes down to what you think is more impressive quality or quantity? Incantation have 2 top 10 death metal albums (Onward and Mortal Throne) while Immolation have probably one (Here in After). However, Immolation's other albums like Failures for Gods and Dawn of Possession are (possibly) better than Diabolical Conquest. Unholy Cult and Close to a World Below are better than any of the other Incantation albums though.

Have yet to hear the new Incantation, but I doubt my opinion will change.

I'm voting Incantation.

Immolation.

Incantation is gold as well, just not as much weight...I only really listen to Onward To Golgotha, Mortal Throne of Nazarene and maybe sometimes Diabolical Conquest...Their newest doesnt really peak my interest enough to even check it out tbh...

Immolation on the other hand, almost their entire discography is legit. Id argue that Immolation has 2, not 1, top 10 death metal album spots with Dawn of Possession AND Here In After. Fuck man, they have SO much good shit. Unholy Cult is fapptastic, Failures For Gods is fucking badass, and Close To A World Below is sick as fuck.

Clearly Immolation has the upperhand in this battle.

I think pretty much the same thing as Kafka.

What speaks for Immolation is that the "quantity" thing isn't just about having many good records out. I listened through the four first Immolation albums just yesterday, and when I came to Close to a World Below it struck me that each new album takes something from the previous records and adds yet another new element. They are pretty much still evolving the sound from their first album, and it's so impressive since they've managed to keep it fresh and interesting for so many records. I can't think of another metal band - let alone death metal band - that has such a long natural evolution of constantly high quality music.

I only have Onward to Golgatha as far as Incantation goes. It's really awesome. No doubt about that. But...having listened to pretty much all of Immolation's discography, I think I'd choose Immolation over listening to Onward to Golgatha.

I'm so conflicted I barely want to post. Immolation has more quality albums I guess but Incantation's best albums are better than Immolation's.

I suppose I'm going with Incantation. Diabolical Conquest is my favorite between the two bands and Vanquish in Vengeance is better than the last few Immolation albums I've heard.

Immolation. Both bands have great discogs, and both have done a lot for the genre however Immolation has more monoliths.

I'm so conflicted I barely want to post. Immolation has more quality albums I guess but Incantation's best albums are better than Immolation's.

I suppose I'm going with Incantation. Diabolical Conquest is my favorite between the two bands and Vanquish in Vengeance is better than the last few Immolation albums I've heard.

I'm having the same conundrum. Haven't voted yet.

I love both bands but Immolation has always recieved more play time from me so Ive voted immolation

When one band has the best death metal album of all time under their belt, the choice is easy, regardless of discography consistency.

I think pretty much the same thing as Kafka.

What speaks for Immolation is that the "quantity" thing isn't just about having many good records out. I listened through the four first Immolation albums just yesterday, and when I came to Close to a World Below it struck me that each new album takes something from the previous records and adds yet another new element. They are pretty much still evolving the sound from their first album, and it's so impressive since they've managed to keep it fresh and interesting for so many records. I can't think of another metal band - let alone death metal band - that has such a long natural evolution of constantly high quality music.

I agree definitely. How each Immolation album works together certainly gives it an incredible edge, but fuck those first two Incantation albums.

I ended up voting for Incantation. I'm not sure why we all started saying Incantation's discography isn't amazing, but there's not one bad album on there (maybe Blasphemy), and Vanquish in Vengeance is far better than that Immolation EP and I'd even rank it above Tyranny and Decay.

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS I JUST REALIZED INCANTATION IS IN MY HOMETOWN.

Reactions: Allfader
Incantation all the way. I've got nothing but respect for Immolation, but I've always been of the midset that Incantation have never released a bad album, and that includes The Infernal Storm and Blasphemy, which have a tendency to get a fair amount of shit flung their way. Sure they may not be the absolute classics that the first three albums were, but they're rock solid death metal albums, and the same goes for the two that followed. The new album is flawless to my ears, not a dull moment to be found on it. So yeah, Incantation for me.

Incantation. Also like Immolation's albums, but listen to Incantation stuff a lot more.

Had the chance of seeing both bands playing last year, Immolation opened for Incantation. Great gigs, two great DM bands. BTW the new Incantation album's damn sick.