Incantation vs Immolation

Incantation vs Immolation

• Incantation

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Immolation

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
... but theres only one Opeth album in the top 10. Still Life, which is a great fucking album .... i personally dont think its a top 10, but it definitely deserves to be mentioned.

Otherwise it's a very solid list put together by thousands of ratings from fans such as ourselves.

It is a bit too heavy on Opeth, but hey, it's not my personal list, just goes to show the amount of love that band gets.

The point is, agreeing with their opinions or not you can't personally pick and choose which perceptions are applied to a polling.

You are correct, but you can say that, for instance, statistically, Onward To Golgotha finds more appeal with a division of metal fans that values old school tendencies, whereas Close To A World Below ranks highly amongst a division that may value the old school values in such an album but generally seek after newer styles of metal.

Or that's what I've perceived, maybe I'm wrong.

You are correct, but you can say that, for instance, statistically, Onward To Golgotha finds more appeal with a division of metal fans that values old school tendencies, whereas Close To A World Below ranks highly amongst a division that may value the old school values in such an album but generally seek after newer styles of metal.

Or that's what I've perceived, maybe I'm wrong.

You can state that, but at that point it becomes harder to quantify accurately because going through everyones longevity, life long passions in the genre etc is far too much information to gather.

"Higher Coward" from CTAWB ranks top in Immolation's discography, but the album really trickles down until the title track, which is monolithic and magnificent.

You can state that, but at that point it becomes harder to quantify accurately because going through everyones longevity, life long passions in the genre etc is far too much information to gather.

Yeah, and most statements made on here should really call for more data, but, as much as we fail, we try to have some semblances of having lives.

Even if OtG is a superior release to any Immolation album, the fact that Immolation has put out a higher percentage and volume of bangin material remains.

I'll take 5 legit Immolation albums over 2 legit Incantation albums.

Who the fuck cares about Immolation then, J-Biebs can put both opuses to shame with a couple of songs, and he doesn't even scrobble all that well.

who the fuck cares, there both good in there own way.
Justin beiber sucks with no talent.

I like Immolation but I have to give Incantation the edge. They've always left a bigger impression on me. Especially on "Onward to Golgotha" and "Mortal Throne of Nazarene." Those albums have such a sound and an atmosphere that is so sinister and otherworldly. On the other hand, Immolation is a bit more consistent whereas Incantation have released some pretty average albums. Overall though, I prefer Incantation's style.

Definitely Incantation. The doom heaviness of their songs have always stood out for me. All of their albums are at least above average, and their music always sticks with me, whereas Immolations music has always been pretty on par with most high end death metal bands, but not extremely memorable.