Incantation vs Immolation

Incantation vs Immolation

• Incantation

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Immolation

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
I can't speak for the latest since I haven't heard it yet, but you'd consider Shadows in the Light and Majesty in Decay BAD? That's crazy. Sure, they aren't their best but those two albums were still good.

Incantation just doesn't keep my attention. They are amazing on their instruments, but feel like they do the same thing. Their first two albums were great, and after that I rather just listen to random songs by them as oppose to entire albums.

Not sure what's worse, this quote, or quoting yourself in you signature.

I'm an unsolved riddle, I'm the one who doesn't take anything serious but neither as a joke. But worst of all, I'm a complete retard. :erk:

Nah, I just want to spread my opinion. Testament :headbang:

Incantation
The band that got me to like death metal in the first place. I love that filthiness. Immolation is an amazing band and probably one of my favorites, but I think Incantation will always be top 5 for me

I can't speak for the latest since I haven't heard it yet, but you'd consider Shadows in the Light and Majesty in Decay BAD? That's crazy. Sure, they aren't their best but those two albums were still good.

Incantation just doesn't keep my attention. They are amazing on their instruments, but feel like they do the same thing. Their first two albums were great, and after that I rather just listen to random songs by them as oppose to entire albums.

their recent albums are sterile and lifeless, they're obviously immolation and better than a lot of what comes out, but not good enough to warrant me listening to them imo

Really hard choice here. I love both bands for slightly different reasons, but they both play some real tight DM. At their respective best, Incantation has perfected the doom influenced death metal style that still packs a punch, and Immolation plays with dissonance and rhythm in a way that is just cacophonous and brutal.

I dont feel well trying to pick the better of the two objectively since they are both fantastic examples of a good death metal band. Though personally I have a soft spot for Immolation's Close to a World Below and Unholy Cult, so my vote goes to Immolation. I just love the claustrophobic brutality of those two albums.

Tie. Early Incantation is the epitome of everything good about death metal (the only thing that could possibly be better in OSDM is Infester), but Immolation has maintained more staying power throughout their discography.

Infester. Wow, that's kind of a random album. Definitely a sleeper hit, but I wouldn't quite rank it up there alongside these two, Demigod and Demilich. Awesome though. Can't believe the vocalist was like 15 at the time that they recorded that album.

Infester. Wow, that's kind of a random album. Definitely a sleeper hit, but I wouldn't quite rank it up there alongside these two, Demigod and Demilich. Awesome though. Can't believe the vocalist was like 15 at the time that they recorded that album.

Oh, yes, I would definitely rank Demigod, Demilich and also Master's Hammer amongst OSDM bands that could possibly compete with Incantation. To the Depths (In Degradation) is definitely somewhere in the top five best death metal albums I've ever heard, though. And gotdamn, I had no clue that the vocalist was so young at the time. That's ridiculous.

It's not that hard to get where he's coming from there. Masters hammer is very uncharacteristically riff heavy for black metal. Then again, some people will call anything that mentions Satan and was released in the 80s black metal.

Even tho I love both bands I'll go with Incantation. I actually like more of their albums and also like how they get all "doomy" in some of their songs and I actually prefer the new vocals (starting with Decimate Christendom) of the last three albums.

I feel that after Unholy Cult, something was lost with Immolation (the whole switching of themes due to 9/11 seems to have taken something away from the band). I still like their latest albums but I find myself going more for their older material as opposed to Incantation of which I enjoy about equally both from the old and the new. Also the vocals in Immolation have not been as good in the newer albums as they were before.

Reopening the past here....

Immolation released Harnessing Ruin, an absolute turd in performance and style. So out of the gate Incantation wins for each album of theirs being highly enjoyable to total classic.

Even the last 3 Incantation records are better than Immolation’s latest material. Incantation’s production is different, but once you let the songs sink in it’s just top notch stuff.

Incantation is simply invincible up to Diabolical Conquest and have released only quality material with only 1 merely decent album. No Immolation album can touch those beastly albums.

Also, Immolation have stagnated a lot in the last 10 years. Their last 2-3 albums have been quite mediocre imo.

To sum it up, on the peaks and the quality Incantation is absolutely superior.

Lulz

best Immolation albums > best Incantation albums

recent Immolation albums >>>>> recent Incantation

Both are great bands, Immolation are clearly better though.
For you, that's it.

Immolation has a lot of mediocre albums under their belt, let's say, everything since Harnessing Ruin up to date. Kingdom of Conspiracy was horrible. Incantation haven't released such turds.