Incantation vs Immolation

Incantation vs Immolation

• Incantation

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Immolation

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
I've listened to Vanquish in Vengeance enough times that I think my ranking of Incantation's albums would look something like this:

Mortal Throne of Nazarene
Onward to Golgotha
Diabolical Conquest
Vanquish in Vengeance
Decimate Christendom
Primordial Domination
Blasphemy
The Infernal Storm

Admittedly I was bit conflicted when it came to placement of the new album and Decimate Christendom almost calling it a tie, but I think Vanquish in Vengeance has it beat by a tad.

Immolation has put out better albums post 2000 while Incantation has gotten a bit stale. I have not heard the new Incantation but i judge bands based on their best work so i went with Incantation in the poll. Dawn of Possession is fucking awesome and a top 10 of all-time quality death metal record but i would still put it behind each of Incantation's first three albums.

Immolation by a million, because they are not drowning their sound in shit like Incantation always does, they have also became insanly stale and boring as deathcore. Fuck Incantation.

Annnd arnez proves he deserved that spot on my ignore list. Thanks for making me curious enough to open his post.

Listened to Vanquish in Vengeance again today. The only newer immolation album that can compare is unholy cult.

I mean, yeah, duh to both, but its still fun to pick a favorite.

Not fun, still haven't voted.
All the arguments put forward only confuse the matter. Incantation probably have the better 'best' albums, but Immolation have the consistency thing going on.
I've not seen either live here in Australia (or anywhere for that matter), so cant jiggle the gauge that way...

Immolation.

Incantation can shred their asses off, but I prefer Immolation's sound and style.They do more things and at times pretty groovy. Not to mention, I don't know of a bad Immolation album.