Inspirational musicians

Panda

Jul 12, 2012
I'm wondering if/what the bands inspirations or reason for playing what they do now are?

Did the interest come from a musician or something else?

For the guitarists I've always been curious as to whether others had looked up to Miika Tenkula (RIP) as well.

-P

I am absolutely laic as I'm not a musician at all,don't have any talent for that ;p BUT if I would have,my inspiration could be Greg Mackintosh from Paradise Lost.He has so interesting and characteristic style :headbang: if I would have good voice,my inspiration could be Sarah Jezebel Deva (ex Cradle of Filth,Therion,etc.).She has really unique voice!:worship:

Chuck Schuldiner (and basically all of the people who played in Death with him), Ihsahn, Opeth, Mahi, Mark Knopfler... Cant figure out anybody else right now.

Jari M. for sure. That dude is just really good at writing music. Less so at, you know, putting it out in a timely fashion (lawls) but yea, I've always been very inspired by them, Ensiferum, Kalmah, Insomnium.

Outside of metal, I'm really into La Roux, Beirut, Metric, Devotchka, and Rattatat

Jari M. for sure. That dude is just really good at writing music. Less so at, you know, putting it out in a timely fashion (lawls) but yea, I've always been very inspired by them, Ensiferum, Kalmah, Insomnium.

Outside of metal, I'm really into La Roux, Beirut, Metric, Devotchka, and Rattatat

Jari could have released 3 albums like the first one if he wanted to by now with no problems, if he was out for a quick buck... but unlike most he wants to evolve and write something huge and different, which his modest gear couldn't take, where as most bands simplify with each album. That's one of the reasons I appreciate his work so much, sure there has been a huge delay, but how many bands do you wish actually stopped making music at a certain point when they turned rubbish? Quite a few for me, I'd rather an awesome album every 8 years than 4 mediocre ones from bands that once were good, and Time is practically 2 albums of most bands anyway.

Yes, Jari M for me too :p

/rant