Instrumentals

Strangelight said:
I was just thinking, fuck lyrics like. The majority of this cringeworthy scene dont get/care what they're about anyway. Just useful lines to quote on forums and that. It's OFFICIALLY all bollocks :wave:

"IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THEYRE ABOUT, ITS THE WAY I WANT TO INTERPRET THEM!"
You're probably right about most music fans (not only metalheads).
However, I will always care about lyrics 'cause they can be the icing on the cake. And sometimes lyrics are unnecessary, that's true, but even then something happens if it's good music. Good instrumentals, for example, are not just a few minutes of background noise, they create images in the listener's mind. I fucking care about music.

What I was trying to say back then is that those who listen to the music don't know enough about the life of the writer to understand the text in the same way as the writer meant. Let's take a simple example: Lights Out -- only those who read the interviews and/or hang around here know that it's about Pybus, and even less know why (I myself have not much idea). If you don't have that info, you will never understand the lyrics the way Strangelight meant them.

We had this argument about Angelica, too. Who knows among the listeners who Angelica is? Practically no one. Still, they all have some ideas about what's the song's about, but you can't check each and every of them to say, "Hey, you're wrong there, you totally misinterpret this thing, stop fucking relating my lyrics to your life."

I'm not saying lyrics aren't important, no, on the contrary. I'm just saying I can't see into the writer's mind, and I'm not sure I would want to.

yes, you're right. and i'd really really want to know the whole meaning of the lyrics.
but when you ask, you often get the answer that they're too personal (not refering to you dunc). fair enough. i can understand that you want to express some feelings in a song to get them out of your system, without all of the world knowing about every singlr thing that goes on in your mind.

anyway, who's angelica, maqus. i'd like to know :)

This is such a fascinating topic, how your feelings and thoughts get mapped on the interface of the computer, I mean graphically.

We're becoming cyborgs, do you think that's a bad thing?