INTERESTING CDS OF 2006 ROFL!

heh, you dug out Loch Vostok? nice!
but in what regards do you compare them to satariel? that you cannot classify them anymore?

ah and I am waiting for RIVERSIDE albums to become cheaper :D
proggish (soft) rock with really good vocals, because that guy puts in real emotions, not just whimpish whining. and they throw in background piano- and orchestra-bits at times that give you the creeps (if you're a softy like me :oops: )

FromHereToDeath said:
2 beasts there!! Mimic47 wasn't as good as Eternium imo but it's still great.
yes, at first i felt so too. but after some months I found they were equally good, only that mimic47 is much more rhythm-oriented, not so much on the melodic side anymore (with exceptions of course. DOA is straight from melodic hell. )

well and i liked urkraft's debut a little bit better, because the keyboards were much more dimmed, more in the background.
on the other hand, the new songs are different to the debut stuff (though thrash/death still), so we have a different situation, in which stronger keyboards fit. (but sometimes i still think they could have spared the keys here and there)

opacity said:
heh, you dug out Loch Vostok? nice!
but in what regards do you compare them to satariel? that you cannot classify them anymore?

Yeah. They're not really similar in sound to Satariel - Satariel has a really strange, bassy production that is pretty addicting. But they're both pretty genre-spanning..Satariel, I guess you could call industrial or black or something like that, but I don't find they really fit into the traditional sense of either. Loch Vostok, with their random clean singing and keyboard solos and trippy moments and thrash/hardcore moments, well - they don't quite fit anywhere either.

opacity said:
yes, at first i felt so too. but after some months I found they were equally good, only that mimic47 is much more rhythm-oriented, not so much on the melodic side anymore (with exceptions of course. DOA is straight from melodic hell. )

Am I the only one who loves this band solely for their cover of 'Dancing Queen' and 'View To A Kill?' They crack me up, but they're also really good covers.

funny, i'd never come to think of satariel having industrial moments.
on LLL it's black/death I'd say, on P&D i'd call them thrash with some hardcore spots, and hydra is not to describe easily.... "extreme, Melodic Metal" perhaps ; ) with varied vocals ranging from candlemass to somewhat pitch-shifted, rough vocals.

Gadlor said:
Am I the only one who loves this band solely for their cover of 'Dancing Queen' and 'View To A Kill?' They crack me up, but they're also really good covers.
i don't like covers, because most of the time, the originals were shitty themselves :heh:
well and i am not counting covers to the efforts of bands.

i am officially a lightweight
2 beers and my body is like FUCK YOU PHILLLLLLLLL
just like all the womens :cry:
but
i know this
skyfire needs to cover 'what is love'
get on that chappies

In 10 minutes ill have the new Insomnium album, can't wait. :OMG:
I'll tell u how awesome it is when i've listened through it.

Was looking forward to the new Trivium album, but they only do clean vocals now, and try to make it sound like shitallica so i wont bother getting the album :( only looking forward to the 9 minute instrumental now

I recently got Amorphis - Eclipse, It was very good and it surprised me :)
Also got Slayer - Christ Illusion, which was not as good as i hoped but it's WAY better than when they didnt have Lombardo
Insomnium - Above the Weeping World, This kicks ass on 10 different levels, another solid release
Into Eternity - The Scattering Of Ashes, AMAZING. Can't wait to see them on Gigantour with so many other good bands. Got this one just today and listened to it. yum.

i just got Slayer - Christ Illusion, Metal Church - A Light In The Dark, and Into Eternity - The Scattering of Ashes, all very good cds

It Dies Today - Sirens is actually pretty good.. but its metalcore so u guys probably wont like it

Panzerchrist - Battalion Beast is pretty much what i expected.. same style pretty much.. i like it, but too monotone sometimes.

I've heard the new Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death, and that seems good so far. Ive also heard a song off of the new Suidakra album, and it seems like its gonna be alot better than Command to Charge