Interview with Charlie Benante

I get the impression Charlie feels that Joey wasn't good enough to sing Only back in '92 ('93?), and he is certainly not going to get to sing it now.

A shame, because in the two Glasgow gigs, that would have blown the roof off the place.

MikeyBong said:
This makes no sense whatsoever! If a band you like changes their sound, and you don't like the new sound, why would you continue to listen to it?

My point being that even though Anthrax changed their sound they still made great music and its a shame most of their fans couldnt see that.

Charlie said:
For the most part — and I don't want this to cocky or anything like that — it usually starts with Scott [Ian] and I talking about things and building from there. And then everybody talks about it, and then it becomes something. I don't want people to think that, you know, 'You two dictate what the other guys do.' It's not like that. But there's a vision, and everybody has a role in it. It [just] needs a starting point."

LIES!!! We all know Dan Spitz wrote the whole of Stomp 442 :lol:

Cool interview, I would be very happy if they managed to write a new album it definately doesn't have to be totally old school as far as I am concernd, just some fresh new music would be awesome. We'll see what the future will bring!

spacebeer said:
Cool interview, I would be very happy if they managed to write a new album it definately doesn't have to be totally old school as far as I am concernd, just some fresh new music would be awesome. We'll see what the future will bring!

That´s what I´ve been thinking about. How would you feel if for example Joey don´t sing like back in the day but instead sings in another way on a new album? Or if Spitz plays guitar in a different way? And what if they would record an album in the WCFYA-vein with those guys?

very honest interview, I thought.

Seems like Charlie is as clueless as we are, and I think that is not a bad thing.

Arg_Hamster said:
That´s what I´ve been thinking about. How would you feel if for example Joey don´t sing like back in the day but instead sings in another way on a new album? Or if Spitz plays guitar in a different way? And what if they would record an album in the WCFYA-vein with those guys?

I just want to see what these guys have to offer. I like all kinds of music. I would love if Anthrax brought some of the thrash eliment back but they don't have to totally bail out on what the sound they are doing now. I just wanna see what happens. If it sucks it sucks.. I don't think it will though.

reidie said:
LIES!!! We all know Dan Spitz wrote the whole of Stomp 442 :lol:

Isn't it funny how we never heard anything more about that. I really do have to question that whole story/interviewer though because he didn't even get the album right (called it Volume 8) and I just cannot imagine Spitz saying anything that crazy.

I too was a big Bush supporter (John, not George W.) but after seeing Joey on several reunion shows, he has won me over as a fan. I don't care who sings at this point, I just want new Anthrax music.

Arg_Hamster said:

i don't think I'd apreciate a re-recorded WCFYA, I also didn't appreciate the rape of the belladonna era songs on TGOTE. I think it would be interesting to heard Joey sing a little more updated, I really wouldn't mind as long as it still sounds like ANTHRAX. I really liked how EXODUS returned with Tempo Of The Damned, that would be a nice comparison. They don't have to sound like ATL if it's forced for me, I wouldn't mind either if they made a killer album in the old school style too.

I too was a big Bush supporter (John, not George W.) but after seeing Joey on several reunion shows, he has won me over as a fan. I don't care who sings at this point, I just want new Anthrax music.[/quote]

I am on the same wavelength about this. :)

IAN442 said:
I too was a big Bush supporter (John, not George W.) but after seeing Joey on several reunion shows, he has won me over as a fan. I don't care who sings at this point, I just want new Anthrax music.

I am on the same wavelength about this. :)[/QUOTE]
Me too.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv <---wavelength

I think they are going to record some tunes and let Joey have a crack at it and if they hate it they'll get John. Or, they'll have both singers record and choose what they liked from that (which will probably end the same either way...they reunite with John).

The best thing to do would be wait it out untill it just comes out naturally. I don't want it to be forced and sound like shit.

IAN442 said:

I am on the same wavelength about this. :)[/quote]
I was too ... until I saw Armored Saint live, and realised just how much better a vocalist John Bush is. I'll love it either way, as I'm a fan of both eras. I'm an Anthrax fan no matter what. But I know what I'd rather see happen, and thats John back in the band.