• iPhone

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Android

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Neither but plan to in the near future

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the iPhone ultimately CAN do flash.. it's just not supported by apple... because of the power consumption and and performance issues that you may or may not notice... Adobe actually has flash ready for iphone and iPad... but each side of the very contentious debate claims it's own supporting results in tests.... if flash didn't affect my battery life, i wouldn't minds it being there... i never miss it though.

I didn't know it was now possible.

For the record, I'm not especially anti-apple, but I am actually interested in no apple product.

I would be interested by a good alternative to iTunes to manage my iPhone. ITunes is the devil, it's incredibly horrific to use..

ITunes is the devil, it's incredibly horrific to use..

Oooohhh the FUCK it is, lol .

bwaaha ha ha ha ha... iTunes is the fucking single most elegant media management solution of anything i've EVER tried... and i've tried them ALL.

you may not understand it, and likely haven't tried, but it's THE best way to organize a large library, view and listen/watch it's content, that can be had for free... and it's VERY easy to learn to use properly.

PERIOD.

i do not give a rat's fucking COCK what you have to say to the contrary, you are as WRONG AS FUCKING WRONG GETS on that one.

good day sir.....

I_Said_Good_Day_by_Bardwalker.jpg

having said that, i'll concede that some of the default set-up it comes with sucks ass... but it's very easy to change/disable all those annoying bits.

I've read about javascript runtime environments that allow flash swf files to be opened as well, so obviously someone wants it. I did try to come up with a list of useful flash websites, and it ultimately ended up being non-existant.

I was wondering what the real differences in the Operating systems were and what the advantages of each one was. Is android basically the same as the iphones OS just not restricted to apple hardware?

well, when I load up iTunes it detects every wav file i have in my pro tools library of over a 1T and no matter how many times I tell it not to, delete it and do it every time I restart iTunes it still does it.

so can you see why I hate it?

I've read about javascript runtime environments that allow flash swf files to be opened as well, so obviously someone wants it. I did try to come up with a list of useful flash websites, and it ultimately ended up being non-existant.

I was wondering what the real differences in the Operating systems were and what the advantages of each one was. Is android basically the same as the iphones OS just not restricted to apple hardware?

Android is open source.

and thats the only good thing about it.
you can hack the living shit out of it and make it awesome.
but out of the box its shit IMO

only good Android device I have seen was my brothers, after he spent weeks hacking it and making it flawless. it feels like my iPhone. he even said the OS is shit unless you do what he did

well, when I load up iTunes it detects every wav file i have in my pro tools library of over a 1T and no matter how many times I tell it not to, delete it and do it every time I restart iTunes it still does it.

so can you see why I hate it?

nope..i see how you don't know how to use it.

my iTunes does no such thing. i know how to set it up and use it. and, it was easy.

no... it is not... Flash is highly dependent upon mouse-overs and eats batteries on mobile devices like they're popcorn... it's NOT "made-up" by anyone, and i don't rely on being spoon-fed by apple for my information on technical subjects that affect my purchaes.... you "anti apple" guys LOVE to insinuate that little nugget; that apple users are conformist lemmings that just follow a party line. it's incredibly insulting and just dead wrong.

... and i didn't call anyone "iTurd"... Flat Fifth Fury used the term "iTards", and i was quoting him.

I dont think you are a conformist lemming at all actually ... BUT

My day job is software design & engineering. Now that applications are moving to "the cloud" Flash is becoming more and more prominent in the world we live in. When we discussed this last time you brought up HTML5 and how it would wipe out flash. This could not be further from the truth, granted we were discussing video, and HTML5 will revolutionize web video.

Flash is here to stay, and more and more websites are being designed in it that you dont even realize are flash. Its not all about muti-media and cool animations. Flash is an amazing wrapper for PHP, ASP.net and other coding languages. (C# for example, which iPhone apps are coded in BTW)

The real antiquated technology is the Java mobile phone developers are using to create interfaces and programs for "Smart Phones".....

Lets put it this way, when YouTube launched the standard persons home PC was a single core 1.5 ghz system with 512mb of ram. The iPhone and Android devices already have processors that trump or match these speeds, so what is keeping them from running it?

The answer to that is the OS itself. I can browse sites all day on my android device, make phone calls (I use about 4,000 minutes in a month) and send SMS messages all day long. Not to mention check email and play games, and when I go home after an 8 hour shift I still have 1/4 of my battery left. i notice no difference at all if I use websites with Flash vs non-Flash based websites.

The logic that flash eats battery is a farce. Sure older version like Flash 5 and Flash 7 were horribly flawed when it came to optimizing CPU utilization, but Flash 10 is far superior to those versions and is no different then looking at a website coded in ASP.net or PHP.

Seth, at least for music, check this out, it's almost perfect to use. I wish it could manage my iPhone for the updates/apple account because otherwise it's perfect. I think last versions can synchronize music with the iPhone, I don't use this still but will certainly. It can manage your library intelligently without lagging even after 10 000's of files.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Seth, at least for music, check this out, it's almost perfect to use. I wish it could manage my iPhone for the updates/apple account because otherwise it's perfect. I think last versions can synchronize music with the iPhone, I don't use this still but will certainly. It can manage your library intelligently without lagging even after 10 000's of files.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

I will check it out :)

thanks

God damn james I go and i write a diatribe and you go and say exactly what i did just in another way ....lol

My issue isnt Hardware at all really. i love the design on the iPhone and the hardware is extrmemly solid. I just dont like the OS. Now if you jailbreak one its badass for sure..

Its all apples vs oranges really (pun intended :p )

Pic the OS of your choice as the hardware between them is virtually the same.

"Manage all genres of audio: Rock, Classical, Audiobooks, Comedy, Podcasts, etc."

hahahahahahaha I love the way it advertises that as though it could be reject music based on genre, like nah man, you can load rock, but comedy? Get out!

right..
cuz i didnt just say that i DO in fact set it up and it still does it.

right... cuz i didn't just say that you are either are doing it wrong, or your computer is fucked... because i assume you have the same iTUnes myself and every other person i know that uses it has, and for whom it works great and does nothing like yours does.

but no, i guess... the multitudes for whom it works great and does nothing like what you're describing are the flukes, and the few like you for whom it lays claim to all wave files are the norm, right?

c'mon... it's just far more likely that you have missed something. hit me up on AIM and help you try to fix that if you like.

My only issue with iTunes is that ir always re-organizes my perfect setup / folder structure that I have setup on my PC. I hear they fixed this but I am not taking any chances. When you have over 2TB of music and something fucks it up you tend to get VERY pissed ...lol

"Manage all genres of audio: Rock, Classical, Audiobooks, Comedy, Podcasts, etc."

hahahahahahaha I love the way it advertises that as though it could be reject music based on genre, like nah man, you can load rock, but comedy? Get out!
the day that a product sucks just because the advertising hype is stupid is the day every single product of any category ever made sucks.