• iPhone

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Android

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Neither but plan to in the near future

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about the dreaded problem with touching both antennas at once killing your signal?

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

I am SERIOUSLY disappointed with iOS 4... The "multitasking" is pure dogshit, it doesn't actually multitask at all. I was expecting to be able to go load a webpage, close Safari to type a text and go back to Safari to see the webpage loaded. Nope. It pauses as soon as you exit the app. It is never doing 2 things it once, just saves the state of the app when you open the next one. I would hardly call that multitasking... Bah. That plus I lost my double tap to access iPod controls. Think I'm going back to iOS 3.

Oh shit, this kinda sucks ass. I'm tempted by the better video and camera options in the Iphone 4, but maybe I would just get a 3Gs for muuuch cheaper and not have these issues

WoW ... the amount of iPhone love in this thread just died ....lol

I am not laughing at you guys. It really sucks you are having these issues. But we been trying to tell you guys Android is the way to go, it multi-tasks, and doesnt have issues like this. When they DO have issues they do get fixed, its not just .... oh do THIS instead cause if you do what you want it wont work.

Im sorry for the trouble you guys are having :(

I would switch to android, but as i said in another thread my biggest thing is that the touch isnt as responsive on any other phone as it is with the iPhone, and ive tested this with multiple droid phones, I always resort back to the iPhone

Fortunately I'm still on 3GS and will be for the foreseeable future, I'm not being an Apple guinea pig ;) I love my iPhone more than I love my mother though, wouldn't trade it for any other phone in the world. Just hope they can sort out the iPhone 4 issues. I'll probably upgrade when the next model comes out.

I would switch to android, but as i said in another thread my biggest thing is that the touch isnt as responsive on any other phone as it is with the iPhone, and ive tested this with multiple droid phones, I always resort back to the iPhone

On the older android devices this was an issue for sure. My nexus one is just as responsive. If you lived closer I would offer you a test drive ... lol

I just dont understand how "Dont Hold It That Way" is a fix ...lol Only Jobs could get away with this.

I just dont understand how "Dont Hold It That Way" is a fix ...lol Only Jobs could get away with this.

Yeah im really heated about that. That is most likely the stupidest design flaw that could ever happen. He also went on to try and say "all phones have this issue, it just depends on where you hold it"

So basically if you hold it like a normal phone you're fucked. But if you hold it like a toddler just learning how to use there hands then you should be fine.

And apparently the issue is worse for lefty's..

Well guess whos a lefty?

<--- This guy

LOL ... Jobs is such a fucking tool ...lol

You guys should look into getting one of these. I hear they are pretty cheap ;)

iphone4_free.jpg

Yeah i am def going to get the extended battery. but also i'm use to charging my phone all the time cause i use it so damn much. but glad to know someone has one of these phone's and loves it :)

yeah and the 2.2 update should be coming pretty soon for it which is going to make a huge difference!

What about the dreaded problem with touching both antennas at once killing your signal?

http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

I am SERIOUSLY disappointed with iOS 4... The "multitasking" is pure dogshit, it doesn't actually multitask at all. I was expecting to be able to go load a webpage, close Safari to type a text and go back to Safari to see the webpage loaded. Nope. It pauses as soon as you exit the app. It is never doing 2 things it once, just saves the state of the app when you open the next one. I would hardly call that multitasking... Bah. That plus I lost my double tap to access iPod controls. Think I'm going back to iOS 3.

not for me man, multitasking works great, i can close safari in a load and come back to it and be up. and the double tap just turns into a triple tap. its in the settings.

and the whole drop signal thing isnt iPhone 4, its iOS4. multiple 3GS's have the same problem.

one for example.

my guess is, iOS4 conflicting with the Accelerometer and/or Gyroscope and it gets buggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for my new phone to be delivered :(...When i get it expect me to be buggin the hell out of all you to use facetime with me seeing as i know like 2 people in the real world that actually are getting the new iPhone

see 6 people in my family just got it yesterday.
and about 8 more all over the US are getting the new iphone just so we can facetime.

i know on tour i will be using the hell out of it when i have wifi to see my son and whatnot

see 6 people in my family just got it yesterday.
and about 8 more all over the US are getting the new iphone just so we can facetime.

i know on tour i will be using the hell out of it when i have wifi to see my son and whatnot

Yeah i might be teching on a tour coming up in a few months and facetime would be great to keep in touch with everyone back home, unfortunately everyone i know is planning on keeping the 3gs for some reason.

not for me man, multitasking works great, i can close safari in a load and come back to it and be up. and the double tap just turns into a triple tap. its in the settings.

I can't find a single setting for that anywhere, triple tap does nothing on my 3GS running iOS 4.

Multitasking still isn't working here properly. I can select a bookmark in Safari, close it instantly and let my phone sit for 45 minutes and when I turn Safari back on only then will it start loading the website... Every single source on the internet confirms the same thing with that, that's the design of the so-called "multitasking", it is impossible that yours works any differently...

http://features.techworld.com/opera...1&olo=daily newsletter&cmpid=sbslashdotrplant

I can't find a single setting for that anywhere, triple tap does nothing on my 3GS running iOS 4.

Multitasking still isn't working here properly. I can select a bookmark in Safari, close it instantly and let my phone sit for 45 minutes and when I turn Safari back on only then will it start loading the website... Every single source on the internet confirms the same thing with that, that's the design of the so-called "multitasking", it is impossible that yours works any differently...

http://features.techworld.com/opera...1&olo=daily newsletter&cmpid=sbslashdotrplant

idk, i litterally just tested it out to make sure im not talking out my ass and it worked just like i said.

but i see why you are frustrated and your right its not really multi tasking, but for what it is i like it alot cuz it doesnt close out of all the programs so i dont have to restart. just pick up where i left off