• iPhone

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Android

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Neither but plan to in the near future

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hold the phone just like I always have and have not had any issues yet with dropped calls or loss or service.. if you hold it extremely awkward and tight to your hand it will lose signal but I don't hold it like that so I guess it's a non issue for me

I hold the phone just like I always have and have not had any issues yet with dropped calls or loss or service.. if you hold it extremely awkward and tight to your hand it will lose signal but I don't hold it like that so I guess it's a non issue for me

same here.

my does do the drop signal thing. only if i hold it with two hands and smother the fuck out of it

Multitasking still isn't working here properly. I can select a bookmark in Safari, close it instantly and let my phone sit for 45 minutes and when I turn Safari back on only then will it start loading the website... Every single source on the internet confirms the same thing with that, that's the design of the so-called "multitasking", it is impossible that yours works any differently...

Last edited by a moderator:
ha.. what say you Adam? sure looks llike Seth's phone is doing "the impossible", as you called it....

mine does too, by the way... the impossible that is...

btw, just tested it on my 3gs and it does NOT work like my iPhone 4.

it waits until safari is back up, then loads.

so im guessing that Adam is on a 3gs?

No it does exactly what I said it does. Mine does the exact same thing. Notice how the page doesn't change until he opens the app? It still shows the Google search page, and then loads the new page... What are you guys smoking?

Like I said, it pauses Safari completely until you reopen it, at which point it then continues to load the page, just like Seth's video demonstrates. Real multitasking would mean when he closed Safari, it would still navigate to the link and open the webpage, and by the time he reopened Safari, he would be staring straight at the new webpage that was navigated to in the background. Instead, Safari simply "remembers" that you clicked the link, but doesn't initiate the loading of the site until Safari is visible. That is not multitasking. If I open a link in a new tab in Firefox on my Macbook, it loads completely without me having to have the tab visible on screen. That is real multitasking.

Safari state before going to another app:
multitask1.png

Safari state after reopening:
multitask2.png

Oh wow, look it didn't load the webpage in the background! Instead it just sat there frozen until you reopened Safari at which point it then decided to start loading the new website so that we are then momentarily met with this:
multitask3.png

It didn't do anything in the background, if it did, when you reopened Safari it would already be on the third image, not frozen on the previous page waiting for you to reopen it before it continued loading.

Adam thats just a screen refresh not loading the page. The page loaded while he was doing his thing. The internet on those phones isnt fast enough to load a page that fast. So it caches the page in the temp files then when you re-open safari i pops up on the screen.

The site was downloaded and then the on screen display just refreshed itself to display what was in the cache. Androids do the exact same thing. Its a "mobile" browser thing.

look guys im not trying to be the "iPhone is the best phone of all" guy. I dont know the android os that well, I have never owned one or really played with one too much, so I cant rant about how its bad. for all i know it could be awesome.

but most people do go on rants about the iPhone that isnt really true and try to bash it when they havent really had the time to try for themselves. just go off of what other people post on the internet. So I just thought I would show you guys my experiences with the phone and how i dont have most problems that everyone talks about and that the phone can do things that people say it cant.

hell i could make another video showing my iphone run flash, does that means its the best phone? fuck no.

and please note this is not directed towards anyone

Dude, why on earth do you have two? :lol: And yeah, sold 2 at Radio Shack today, had a difficult time parting with them :cry: And you guys do realize that the issue with the castrated signal from holding it a certain way is alleviated if you get a case for it? I can't believe anyone would get a $650 phone (with no available insurance against accidental damage) and not have a case to protect it :guh:

I keep hearing about all these stores having the phones, im not gonna lie, im feeling kinda idiotic for "pre-ordering" it seeing as its not gonna be here for a few more weeks.

Fail!! :cry::cry::cry:

Dude, why on earth do you have two? :lol: And yeah, sold 2 at Radio Shack today, had a difficult time parting with them :cry: And you guys do realize that the issue with the castrated signal from holding it a certain way is alleviated if you get a case for it? I can't believe anyone would get a $650 phone (with no available insurance against accidental damage) and not have a case to protect it :guh:

long story short.

i jumped the gun and bought a 3gs about 4 weeks ago.
when it came time to upgrade to the new one i was hoping i was within the time to return it and buy the new one. sadly i bought it 4 days too early and i couldnt upgrade.

well my grandma and her mom wanted to leave verizon so they hopped on my account, i took a new line and got the new phone and gave my line to one of them.

already sold the 3gs for 200 so the iPhone 4 is already paid for.