iPhone question...

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
With my old iPod, if I wanted to have it play all songs by an artist, it kept the songs grouped by album and in order, so it would just play each album consecutively the way it's supposed to. With my iPhone, all songs by an artist organizes all the songs alphabetically which is LAME. I want to sit here at work and listen to the Theory in Practice discography, but I don't want to basically here a shuffled version of it, I want to hear the albums the way they were meant to flow... Anyone know of a way to remedy this? It is especially a bitch when it comes to stuff like Crimson II by Edge of Sanity or something :lol:

With my old iPod, if I wanted to have it play all songs by an artist, it kept the songs grouped by album and in order, so it would just play each album consecutively the way it's supposed to. With my iPhone, all songs by an artist organizes all the songs alphabetically which is LAME. I want to sit here at work and listen to the Theory in Practice discography, but I don't want to basically here a shuffled version of it, I want to hear the albums the way they were meant to flow... Anyone know of a way to remedy this? It is especially a bitch when it comes to stuff like Crimson II by Edge of Sanity or something :lol:

go into itunes....and go to whatever playlist the songs are on, arrange them in the order you want to play, then connect your iphone and sync. it also helps if you right click on the songs and go to info and name the songs and the album and the sequence of the song on the album. ie if there are 7 songs on the album you'll enter 1 of 7 then 2 of 7 and so on. then go to album art and find a pic of the album on the web save image and then upload the album art to that song.

I'm not using playlists just playing the songs from the library on my phone. All the name and album information is filled out as well as the song numbers. The problem is that when you select "All Songs" by an artist it just groups them alphabetically instead of looking at the album information :/

I understand what you're saying...but thats why playlist are there, it plays your list of songs in the order you want to play it, an example, my wife and i share an ipod. she listens to hip hop, i listen to metal so we have a hip hop playlist and a metal playlist....if i were to use the all songs function then it would shuffle between hip hop and metal. trust me on this one make a playlist and place the songs in your playlist in the order you want them. also, if you really like separation keep playlists into types of metal, I have metal playlist for bands like disturbed and then death metal playlist for bands like Suffocation and just plain ole rock playlist.

I see what you're saying Scorpio, but IMO it is an absolute crock of shit to be forced to create a playlist for each and every fucking album you own! (cuz I too still listen to albums as albums on my ipod/computer, though often on shuffle within the album)

no...just make a playlist of different genres of music and put that kind of music into those playlist in the order you want. or yeah you can make band playlist. if you wanna listen to say Pantera....just scroll down to the first song of pantera of the album you wanna listen to and it'll play from that point on.

So I have to make a separate playlist for every single band on my iPhone manually when it was never a problem on my old unit? That's weaaaak... Ah well, the phone is still the coolest thing I've ever used so I'll live :/

Adam, you're right - it's totally gay! You shouldn't have to make a playlist to listen to all of the albums straight through and I never had to on my iPod!