Iron Maiden News!

"Iron Maiden" and "fanboy-ism"... two words that go hand in hand here in Costa Rica.

Let me tell you a story: 2 years ago, we had pretty much no Metal bands coming here, yeah, we had Kreator twice, Helloween, Gamma Ray, and other cool shit, but nothing was assured for the fans. There was a market, but no one would dare invest in it. Enter Iron Maiden, they come to Costa Rica as the first actually HUGE Metal band to ever step into Central America, and what happens ???? Biggest gig ever (just watch "Flight 666", tell me we aren't insane here). Since them we've had Maiden again, Metallica (NOW the biggest gig ever, just download the live gig), Megadeth, all of them huge, really good gigs. Now, I'm not complaining about anything, nothing made me happier than having the opportunity to watch my favorite band ever live in my country (something I would've never imagined), or rumors about Judas Priest, Slayer and Tool possibly coming, and I gotta credit that to Maiden and their visit. However, ever since Maiden came, everybody (and I mean, EVERYBODY) loves them. I have nothing against new fans, I encourage them, but having someone say "I'm gonna go see Iron Maiden next year !!!" being her the biggest Justin Bieber fan or not knowing what Eddie is (yup, a friend of mine is just like that)... it's just sad, a band you love, being objectified and treated by other people as "the new deal" when you've been dedicating most (if not all) of your life to their work, it's just not fucking fair. Now you have to take shit from many people most of the times, cause you get thought of as a poser, when you love Metal as much (or more) than them. It just sucks.

I know this sounded disorganized, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Fucking hell... Up to Isle of Avalon. I love it so much.

Ah man I'm so tempted to download it. But I'll try and stick it out... this will be painful. I love El Dorado, don't know what all the bitching is about. For Maiden to be able to put out a song like that and an album like AMOLAD in this day and age is quite an achievement. Look at other past-their-prime bands, releasing absolute garbage. Maiden is teaching them a lesson as far as I'm concerned.

But I'll reserve further judgement till I've actually heard The Final Frontier, other than that I dig the song titles. :p