IRON MAIDEN - the best guitarist!

who is the best Iron Maiden guitarist?

• Total voters
Hahahaha, I appreciate you restraining yourself Felix :lol: Don't get me wrong, I love Maiden, but I'm very picky with solos that move me!

It´s absolutely okay, dude :) I love to discuss about music and each one has its own opinion! That´s why I only bark and not bite..*g* I think it is this "grew up with this" thing..it´s sometimes difficult to be 100 % objective. It´s real love to the music..just wanna "protect".

Who the hell voted for Janick?

Loooooooool Give yourself to recognize, Janick voter :)

Adrian Smith !!
He is a great guitar player, his lead parts are awesome and well written, he is a great songwriter and composer and he brings the Guitar synth into Maiden giving birth to this marvelous album "Seventh son of a seventh son", he is the man behind "Powerslave" and "Somewhere in time", the best albums of Maiden so far ...

I've voted Murray, and this is because if i heard 10 guitarists play a Dave Murray solo I could pick out Dave, whereas if I heard 10 guitarists play a H solo it would be much harder. Obviously H is the better song writer.

Adrian Smith !!
He is a great guitar player, his lead parts are awesome and well written, he is a great songwriter and composer and he brings the Guitar synth into Maiden giving birth to this marvelous album "Seventh son of a seventh son", he is the man behind "Powerslave" and "Somewhere in time", the best albums of Maiden so far ...

+1000

Smith all the way!

2 reasons:

1) The solo to stranger in a strange land simply blows me away. Amazing melody and dynamics.
2) He played a double neck Jackson geetar at the Download festival which looked freaking cool...

...oh how I loathe the Gers and his widdly mindless solo's..... :)

My fav is dave Murray, like some of the other guys with adrian smith, dav murray can be heard clearly in my solo's. I've always loved his style and his tone is godly.
That said adrian smith is by no means a slouch- there's a reason maiden are my favourite band!

I've not voted for any as to be honest I can't pick a favourite. They've all got their own thing going on thats cool,

Dave's legato is amazing, yeah sometimes it sounds like he's trying to just play as many notes as possible but goddamn it sounds smooooooth,
Adrians ear for melody is amazing,
and Janick I like because it sounds like he's got this kinda frantic sound like he's always playing right on the edge of his ability, Dave and Adrian make it sound so easy whereas you can tell Janick is soooo close to fucking up sometimes, which makes it quite satisfying when he does pull it off.