IRON MAIDEN - the best guitarist!

who is the best Iron Maiden guitarist?

• Total voters
Smith, definitely.
I absolutely love his solos.

I quite like IM (83-88 being my fav era) but I never thought that an Iron Maiden axeman would influence me THAT much! My finger vibrato improved radically after I realised that it was actually Smith´s vibrato that I liked and that was making his solos absolutely amazing and a big pleasure to listen to.
And it was quite funny when I heard John Petrucci saying he also started working on his vibrato because of Adrian... :)
I know all this might sound silly but for me it was a major improvement, probably the most important thing I have ever learned about playing a guitar.
Smith is a genius.

I voted based on solo playing and Dave's fluidity (nice word) floors me. For example, his solo's on the song Powerslave kill me. So much feeling. Chills down my spine. Seeing them live was absolutely brilliant........................'cept Yannick of course, but that's another story. :lol: Call me Old-Oldschool,

BTW, I don't consider Adrian as a slouch and since first seeing the Live After Death VHS in 1986 (yeah I am old :lol:) I am only truly appreciating his skills now. Older and wiser?..........................................no, just older.

Adrian Smith without a doubt. Maiden went to shit when both he and Bruce bailed in the nineties. Better songwriter and soloist and plays with more emotion and feeling. His solos on Somewhere in Time are incredible.

BUT, Janick's songwriting on the last few Maiden albums has been more consistent with the classic Iron Maiden sound i.e. the harmonies, galloping riffs, which is what we all love about Maiden, compared to the Jethro Tull inspired muck Harry is turning out.:puke: Just my opinion:Smug:

Smith FTW :kickass:

I don't even dig Maiden that much, and that's an understatement, but Smith is one hell of a guitarist, FOR SRS.