Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

31741144731863415815689.jpg

Eddie looks friggin' ridiculous.

Remember the days when the only evidence that any member of the band had seen Eddie was when they killed him at Dortmund. Now they're always looking at him. It's just not right.

I like the concept of the new Eddie but he doesn't look great.

Adrian has a non exclusive Jackson endorsement where he can play what he likes. Similar to Hetfield and ESP I think....when you are in a band THAT big, you can do what the fuck you want. His signature model Jackson San Dimas is fucking awesome.

I agree with most of what Spiffo says. Journeyman as an encore keeper would have been awesome and made things more interesting, and also putting a newer song in the encore would give scope to put an older one in the main set, where they could keep majority of casual fans happier. Honestly, I think the hardcore fans will be happier with this setlist being so different to the nostalgic tours, so I think if they were to mix in some old songs it should be ones played less often, like say Prowler, Killers, The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, Revelations, Where Eagles Dare, Caught Somewhere In Time, Wasted Years, Infinite Dreams, The Evil That Men Do, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Bring Your Daughter...etc. These would give the more casual fans a buzz and also be a surprise for the hardcore people as well. That aside, I still love the new setlist, so good on em for putting so much faith into their new material, and anyone dumb enough to walk out of a Maiden show because they are playing a different set to last time you saw them, is a douche.

I think when the new album drops they will replace a couple of AMOLAD songs and The Wicker Man and play 4 or 5 from it.

i'm tipping they're retire that eddie early and bring back one of the old ones, like they did on the fear of the dark tour.

also re: the set list... personally it's not the exact set that i would have chose out of the last 3 albums, but it's definitely the right move playing mostly the (relatively) new stuff, especially after doing the greatest hits style tour last time out. Maiden have always been about staying relevant and playing new songs... when you think about it, songs from DoD only got played on one tour, so even with these so called "new" songs it's been quite a few years since they've been played live.

As for people walking out due to a lack of hits from the 80s... it's just ridiculous. There's no excuse for not owning the more recent albums which have been as strong as anything they've ever done (although i'm still not that huge a fan of DoD it does have some great songs on it)... Maiden should make no apologies for refusing to cater solely to boring old fucks who just want to re-live 1985.

The REAL fans want to hear the new stuff! There's a total failure in logic when people suggest that "i stopped buying the albums 20 years ago" = "i'm a hardcore fan" and "i own and love the latest albums" = "casual fan". Then again it's the internet so (outside of maiden downunder) i should not expect much intelligence.

Bruce is a freak!

I don't mind the setlist but if you had never seen them before it would be a long fuckin' wait to hear some classic tracks :/

I agree with Blitzkrieg the concept is fine but damn Eddie looks crap, especially onstage

I don't mind the setlist other than the last 5 songs, which is the same shitty encore they keep peddling out every fucking tour. They do it 'cos fans like the old stuff; well how about 5 other awesome songs from their first 10 years?

Oh well, at least they're not playing fucking Wrathchild again :)

Haha good point. I just wish they'd mix it up a bit more within tours, so you don't see basically the same set list two nights in a row.

Actually, the last five songs they've played on the last two tours have been:

AMOLAD
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

SBIT
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Hallowed Be Thy Name

I can't think of the last time they played Running Free. Early Days tour perhaps? To be honest I thought they retired it after the Fear of the Dark tour, but I'm most likely wrong.

Correction: Wikipedia says it was played at a few shows on The X Factour, and it was part of the Eddie Rips Up the World tour. God, I wish they had toured here with that show:

Ides of March
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Another Life
Prowler
The Trooper
Remember Tomorrow
Where Eagles Dare
Run to the Hills
Revelations
Wrathchild
Die With Your Boots On
Phantom of the Opera
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden

Running Free
Drifter
Sanctuary

You know precisely the point I'm trying to make.

Personally, I'd like it if the did an encore of:

Prowler
Wasted Years
Children of the Damned
and finishing with:
Where Eagles Dare (imagine that as the closer? Fuck me!)