Ironic Metal bands... are the ones not getting it

The thing is that teasing is ok when it's within certain bounds, and when the target and perpetrator are equals. Manowar's often-humorous emulation of metal is like Chris Rock making a black joke. Jack Black is a piece of Hollywood shit who perpetuates heavy metal as the same cartoon it was to him as a child.
I think that there is a clear and distinct difference between irony and humor (in the modern culture without consulting a dictionary). Irony is snide, sarcastic and corrosive. Humor is warm, good-natured and serves to build bonds between people. Irony is the exact opposite--it establishes a detached and dismissive distance from the subject and touts its superiority with a smirk. Which is another way of saying what was written above and noting that irony and humor are not the same thing--something that no one has commented on.
You guys are just using a lot of words to say that you just can't take a joke :lol:

And like I said, any art form that can't deal with a little harmless teasing needs to die.

Hey, and let's be honest, lots of Metal bands haven't been exactly kind to other genres as well. Like Killer (from Belgium) sang in 1983: "I really hate disco, I don't like new wave". It's only fair :Smug:

Hey, and let's be honest, lots of Metal bands haven't been exactly kind to other genres as well. Like Killer (from Belgium) sang in 1983: "I really hate disco, I don't like new wave". It's only fair :Smug:

But it's not like metalheads have pretended to be disco bands in order to make fun of it...

Is it a bad time to state that I really laugh my ass off at Bad News?

Jim LotFP said:
Is it a bad time to state that I really laugh my ass off at Bad News?
viv.jpg