Irrational Fears

Heights. Ladders especially. They way they bob and sway as you ascend them. No need for the poor fucker haphazardly holding the bottom of it with one foot while he bullshits with someone else. I'll just land on him and hurt him too. Why isn't he up here? I'm definately better at holding the bottom. I'll do it with every ounce of concentration I have. Yeah, we should be switched. What can I grab onto on the way down? Will he actually be stupid enough to yell for me to watch out as it begins to slide away?

Maggots. The most vile creature ever. How do they move? An ocean of them inside a dead dogs carcass. Why do they have no color? No markings? No visible front or rear yet they move with a purpose. Their presence means death or decay but I don't see or smell it. Where the fuck is it? I'm probably going to step in it trying to get away from these nasties.

I am sometimes afraid a big moth is going to fly at me and am not going to move the right direction and the moth is going to land directly on my eye and my other eye is going to witness the horror.

Heights. Ladders especially. They way they bob and sway as you ascend them. No need for the poor fucker haphazardly holding the bottom of it with one foot while he bullshits with someone else. I'll just land on him and hurt him too. Why isn't he up here? I'm definately better at holding the bottom. I'll do it with every ounce of concentration I have. Yeah, we should be switched. What can I grab onto on the way down? Will he actually be stupid enough to yell for me to watch out as it begins to slide away?

Maggots. The most vile creature ever. How do they move? An ocean of them inside a dead dogs carcass. Why do they have no color? No markings? No visible front or rear yet they move with a purpose. Their presence means death or decay but I don't see or smell it. Where the fuck is it? I'm probably going to step in it trying to get away from these nasties.

I am not the biggest fan of ladders either.

And as for maggots... I can't say I have ever been frightened of them.

I am sometimes afraid a big moth is going to fly at me and am not going to move the right direction and the moth is going to land directly on my eye and my other eye is going to witness the horror.

:lol:

Referring back to the discussion on how spiders move. There was a show on the science channel showed how every creature uses the same fundamental mechanics when it comes to movement.

That could have been interesting to watch actually.

Nuncheon: What is it about icicles that makes you afraid? I think they look really pretty when the sun bounces off them.

Since moving into my new apartment, I've noticed that my two closets look really fucking creepy when they're open and the lights are out. This occurred to me one night as I was in bed, looking across the room. Photo included for illustration:

closetdoors.jpg

Note that this was taken in low light, and that as it actually appears with the lights out, you wouldn't be able to see any details inside the closet - just two patches of darkness.

Anyway, on the night I noticed this, it got to the point where I couldn't take my eyes off those doorways for more than a couple seconds, because of this persistent uncomfortable feeling that there could be something in there waiting to come out and get me. I began having these fantasies of the very slab of darkness from one of the open doorways simply creeping up on me as I lay there with my eyes shut. Each time I opened my eyes again, I half expected to see this black monolith of nothingness looming right over me at the foot of my bed, and then just falling on top of me and either smothering me or trapping me in some weird boogeyman dimension. I eventually had to get up, walk over to the closets, and shut the doors before I could comfortably get to sleep.

So far I've only really noticed it once. Presumably over time I'll end up falling asleep numerous times with the closet doors open and not noticing, and then I'll get used to the reality that there's nothing dangerous about leaving them open at night.

...Or maybe I'll just fall asleep one night never to wake up again. Who can say.

I'm scared to death of spider webs. Once I was running through my yard and I almost ran through this bigass web some douche spider made between two trees. I stopped right in front of the douche bigass spider sitting in the middle, I could see it's eyes glaring at me. Ready to strike.

Also, my room somehow got infested with spiders when I lived in Hawaii.

If i'm swimming in a lake or an ocean I have a fear of things in the water. Whether it might be broken glass on the bottom or strange fish, it freaks me out.

I heard if daddy long legged spiders could bite it would be deadly. Don't know if thats true or not.

edit:lol:it sounds so gay to say "daddy long legs"