Is a "Damnation" tour setlist interesting?

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I just read the spoiler thread about Opeth's upcoming 'Damnation' tour, and it hit me that I don't particularly care to see them playing just mellow songs through their set. I mean, I love their acoustic work as much as other fans, but ... the Damnation tour doesn't sound so appealling.

I'm can't wait for the damnation tour. . . and I can't wait to hear their new album. It should be comming out in the next couple of weeks. . . *calm down opth_001*

I agree that for a first show I would prefer to get to hear the heavy stuff; the Deliverance show in Hamburg last month was pretty much a dream setlist for me, I loved it.

But now that I've seen them play the heavy stuff already I'd really love to see them play an all-acoustic set. I hope they come to Hamburg again during the Damnation tour. :)

Im await this tour more then their last one...I already saw most of those songs played the first time i saw them. I want to hear the mellow stuff(night and the silent water please!)

It would be great if the setlist included plenty from Damnation, Credence, To Bid You Farewell, Patterns in the Ivy II, Still Day Beneath The Sun, A Fair Judgement (just about mellow enough...)

Having seen them live on the Deliverance tour, I would now LOVE to see them play all their mellow songs. :)

This post will prove who the fake fuck Opeth geeks are. I am furious to hear about this Damn it, and Damn U to all the Acoustic freaks that just love acoustic Opeth so much, its about metal shmucks not hippy fucking acoustic soft shit as far as im concerned get me a sleeping bag. I dont give a fuck how good the "ACOUSTIC album is Its starting to become a fucking problem. HAIL DISTORTION FUCK POSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alteredmindeath said:
This post will prove who the fake fuck Opeth geeks are. I am furious to hear about this Damn it, and Damn U to all the Acoustic freaks that just love acoustic Opeth so much, its about metal shmucks not hippy fucking acoustic soft shit as far as im concerned get me a sleeping bag. I dont give a fuck how good the "ACOUSTIC album is Its starting to become a fucking problem. HAIL DISTORTION FUCK POSERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear that......

Alteredmindeath said:

I kn0W OMG!!! SERI0U$LY FUCK OPETH IF THEY ARE GONNA PLAY AN ACOUSTIC SET LETS GO, YOU AND ME, TO THE NEXT LIMP BIZKIT SHOW THEY ARE ALL ABOUT DISTORTION AND COOL SHIT LIKE THAT. FUCK POSERZ MAN!!!!!!!

Seriously, I do like their acoustic stuff ('Face of Melinda' is one of my favourite songs), but why not spice up the concert by, say, having an encore consisting of "The Moor", "April Ethereal" and "The Twilight is My Robe"? :D

Metalmaster said:
I just read the spoiler thread about Opeth's upcoming 'Damnation' tour, and it hit me that I don't particularly care to see them playing just mellow songs through their set. I mean, I love their acoustic work as much as other fans, but ... the Damnation tour doesn't sound so appealling.

Peter Lindgren told me that the Damnation tour would be half heavy and half acoustic.This was on march 10th,so i guess they could have changed their minds since then.But he seemed very excited about this idea.He also said that th stage set up would be very atmospheric with carpets and such.

Im guessing that this will be their most obscure tour ever though.Like Metalmaster said above me,they NEEEEEEEED to play THE MOOR and APRIL ETHEREAL!

:lol: what a dick