Will Opeth play Damnation songs on their April tour?

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
Right, this is a question all you aussie fans should of asked yourselves.

What are the chances of this? Is the new album coinciding with their aussie tour? I for one, hope they play one or two songs. In fact, ideally, they'd play songs from all their albums + damnation...but maybe I'm asking too much. Nah...Bring on a 2 1/2 hour set I say...

They WON'T be playing D2 while here..... Unless the crowd managed to be REALLY convincing....

They've already said that the US tour now running is shortened as they will be returning once D2 is released to tour with THAT album (Though I don't know how the US could complain about 'shortness', seeing as Australia will be getting 4 gigs in the first tour we've managed to get since Opeth started up)

They then went on to say that they won't be playing ANY D2 material until AFTER the album is officially released. Unfortunately (to my knowledge) Opeth have said no such thing as to whether, when they retour for D2, they will continue through to oceania again..... I therefore find it VERY unlikely that they will.

So I'm thinking that the only way we'll be likely to hear D2 live in the near future is if we plead this argument to the band on the night... though of coure they won't have rehearsed the sings at that point in time....... :cry:

I'd say we have more of a chance of them playing D2 tracks here, than say the americans have. Reason being, there is less of a chance of them returning here at all for the D2 tour as you said, so they may play some tracks to appease the crowd. We'll have to wait and see I guess.