Is "Adagio" one big SX ripp-off?

I don't consider Adagio a complete rip off of Symphony X at all. I think the term "rip off" can be confused with "influenced". There are a few hints scattered about their offerings but nothing more.

Besides that, I'll go on and say that I find Adagio to be amazingly boring and dull. They're all talented and possess great skill on their instruments, however, their songwriting is highly unoriginal.
Forte can play fast, big fucking deal. I hear nothing but constant shredding which has all been done before, might I add better. I've said it before, but the tone that Forte goes with makes it even worse and all the more insipid, makes me wrench.

Besides this, they're not rip offs ... just unoriginal as hell. :D

forte's soloing is totally different from malmsteeen's shit.i bet u r not a guitarist.plus there is just couple of songs on sanctus that sounds like symphony x.oh i forgot the keyboards adagios keyboardist is the sickest guy ive ever heard ,he is up there close to jordan ruddess.by the way get the underworld cd its one of the best albums i ve ever heard

Taliwakker said:
The first album is a bit SyX-ish but sounds more like bad-Malmsteen. Underworld is better and i wouldn't say it is a SyX rip-off.....just better bad Malmsteen :)
Do you hear Malmsteen in Adagio!? :tickled: :tickled:
In Adagio, there are nothing common to Malmsteen...

control-denied777 said:
forte's soloing is totally different from malmsteeen's shit.i bet u r not a guitarist.plus there is just couple of songs on sanctus that sounds like symphony x.oh i forgot the keyboards adagios keyboardist is the sickest guy ive ever heard ,he is up there close to jordan ruddess.by the way get the underworld cd its one of the best albums i ve ever heard

he has different style than jordan rudess. i can say he has better techinque. or rudess is playing different style of music. maybe adagios keyboardist cant play that, but listen stephan forte - prophecies of loki one piano part. thats not imbossible its so fucking fast. its the fastest thing ive ever heard on piano. im not saying "hes the fastest so hes the best" i dont like those guys who say like that. but he can paly beatiful too. but heres the link... listen it!

http://www.stephanforte.fr.st/ go to sounds and there is prophecies of loki