Is anyone here a fan of Swedish band KENT?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I know the members of Katatonia love this band...

I just heard a few songs from their latest English-language album... and I thought it was quite beautiful.

Hi Yes i like them, they are very good. You said you heard a few songs from the english album, have you heard these songs in the original swedish versions too?? Try, maybe you ll like it too :)

The CD "Verkligen" -that's what the swedish release is called- is very good, and try "Isola" too. These two are the ones i like most.

It's not depressing, actually they rock, in "Verkligen" that s what they do in most of the songs.
Whereas "Isola" is more quietly but still not depressing.
It's just Rockpop mixed with Alternative if i m not making anyone angry now:p
But don t be too prejudice now, just give it a try ;)

i agree with you Falling Bird...they are probably thought too 'mainstream' by most fans of heavier music...but i like em...some songs are sad....not to the depth of Katatonia, but....still, more people here should check out their stuff :D

Yeah, I like Kent very much also. Everyone who's interested in the band should check out the album Isola (the swedish one ofcourse), in my opinion. It's the favourite of mine. Full of melancholic pop-alt.rock -songs and not one filler song there like for example in their next album, Hagnesta Hill which is still a great album. It has one of their best songs, Stoppa min juni (lilla ego). Did I get right? :) truly heartbreaking beautiful song.

Ok, i'll stop now :D

Kent are very popular in Scandinavia. I remember some years ago a Swedish guy that I met at the sea- side made me listen to Kent, one of his favourite bands.
This sommer in Norway and Sweden I could hear them quite often on the radio.
I bought Verkligen, Isola and Hagnesta Hill, they are all very good and of course I bought the Swedish version...I like Swedish very much, I've began to translate some of their lyrics...it takes a while but it's also useful!

Me and my girlfriend have all of their Cds, and I must say that they really deserve the popularity they have been getting in Scandinavia over the last couple of years.
I especially like Hagnesta Hill, but I'm not as crazy about them as my girlfriend is.

If you like melancholic, soft pop/rock you will definetly like them.
I think their albums in Swedish are best.

btw: If you like melancholy and Kent, why not check out the Entity:

www.mp3.com/entity_ or www.entityband.com

so whats special about them?

Well, they sing in Swedish. And they're really good.:)

The site's in friggin' Swedish

They have a few pages in other languages as well butI have to admit that you don't get much information from them...

any download suggestions?

"Utan dina andetag" (from the B-Sides album)
"Kungen ar dod" & "Stanna hos mig" (from 'Hagnesta Hill')
"Om du var har" (from 'Isola')
...and track 3 & 4 from 'Verkligen' (can't remember the song titles but these are definately my favourite ones on that album)

page61.gif