Is Dimmu worth seeing?

Ive only seen them once..back in '99 but they ruled. It was just after they released Enthroned Darkness Triumphant i think, and people were amazed when they played Morning Palace...ahh memories. They were very good and Shagrath is pretty dramatic

that was when their music was still cool altho I never reeally liked them THAt much.

GuitarShredder said:
Meh, they aren't that special live. Their setlist was pretty bad. Their new stuff really just wasn't that great live, and they didn't play the best songs off their new album. Kings of the Carnival Creation rocked, so I'd make sure to see that song, but other than that it was just mediocre.

The setlist was awesome... what would you like to hear?

_Quarantine_ said:
It's a shame, but they suck live... the thing's that their sound's always fucked up (can't understand how they manage to do it every single time). It's btw practically impossible to hear the bassist (what's his name again?) singing... well... actually it's hard to hear anything but the keyboards...

So you need a powerful imagination and try to remember how they sound oin the cds as you watch them live, and then you'll have a wonderful time...

Depends of the venue and where you are... Saw them 3 times already and it was quality sound.

ND24/7 said:
Stormblast
Glittertind
Reptile
Puritania
Blood Hunger Doctrine

The other problem was of course their terrible sound. Vortex needed to be louder and so did the keyboard.

ND24/7 said:
umm..... how about Blessings upon the throne of tyranny!!! there best fucking song, i can think of a million other songs they shoulda played (or shoulld i say WILL concidering i havent seen them yet, but am seeing them on sunday in seattle)

Thanks for your inputs! I ended up staying for the Dimmu. Dimmu was very entertaining and crowd was geat, but IMHO COB was much better in technique and much more cool! Only complaint I have is they should let COB play longer! Even Alexi was complaining that they were only given 30 minutes to play...

I know life is unfair, but this sux! :yell:

I honestly wanted to see 30 minutes of Dimmu and 2 hours of COB!

May be next time... :wave:

I think dimmu is worth watching, they have a good lightshow, mourning palace is great and even if they're assholes in private, they rule on stage! okay, 2 hours is pretty long, but anyway- i 've always been staying 'til the very end! but in europe they didn't tour with Bodom, so.. didn't have to search the guys! *g*

david411 said:
umm..... how about Blessings upon the throne of tyranny!!! there best fucking song, i can think of a million other songs they shoulda played (or shoulld i say WILL concidering i havent seen them yet, but am seeing them on sunday in seattle)

Yeah I must agree with Blessings Upon The Throne of Tyranny... One of my favorite.... But they have lots of album.... Where the FUCK is Reptile...Allegiance....damn....I was still satisfied with songs like Indoctrination, Cataclysm Children and Spellbound since they didn't play it last time in 2001.

GuitarShredder said:
Stormblast
Glittertind
Reptile
Puritania
Blood Hunger Doctrine

The other problem was of course their terrible sound. Vortex needed to be louder and so did the keyboard.

-Reptile ; .....yeah it sucks but I've seen it in 2001. But I was hoping to hear it this time too.
-Puritania ; I really don't miss this one on their gig imo.
-Blood Hunger Doctrine ; They played a lot of songs of DCA... I like it a lot too. I don't think Lepers Among Us is a good song to start.

But hey! They'll be rocking every song they'll play and if it wasn't for them... we would'nt be able to see CoB in states at all ....well for this time.

GuitarShredder said:
Stormblast
Glittertind
Reptile
Puritania
Blood Hunger Doctrine

And for Stormblast... I'm pretty sure I saw it everytime I saw them.

Fuck Dimmu for cutting Bodom and Nevermore's set short. All their songs sound the same anyway, just with different keyboard intros. Two hours? Holy shit, and I'm going to have to sit through that too because my friend who I'm going with loves them and I can't leave without him. Maybe if they played Metal Heart or Burn in Hell....

_Quarantine_ said:
It's a shame, but they suck live... the thing's that their sound's always fucked up (can't understand how they manage to do it every single time). It's btw practically impossible to hear the bassist (what's his name again?) singing... well... actually it's hard to hear anything but the keyboards...

So you need a powerful imagination and try to remember how they sound oin the cds as you watch them live, and then you'll have a wonderful time...
Have you actually seen them live? Because this is completely inacurate! Simon is AWESOME live and you can definitely hear him. Dimmu always has excellent sound?? Maybe you saw another band??