Is it just me or...?

Do all you other Israelis here,

Is it just me, or it's weird for you either that so many people from so many countries want to come to Israel and meet OL?
I'm usually use to say things like: "omg! i want to fly to England just to see thier show!" about bands from other countries. It's kinda weird for me that people say this about Israel.
Don't know if i made my point very clear, but, oh, well *shurgs*.

I guess it's because most of the special shows is in Israel, like the forthcoming El Norra Alila show. I would want to go to a special Porcupine Tree show anywhere, too, if I could. But I can't, really, haven't the budget for it.

Pink Throne definitely has a point there. Personally, I'd love to see Orphaned Land play the El Norra Alila show in Europe as well. I will have to wait for the dvd though, I reckon... ;-)
In general, seeing concerts in foreign countries gives you a reason for travelling and visiting places you'd never seen had it not been for a certain gig.

Yeah, but alot of people wouldn't have liked to come here, with all the things that going on here in those years.
I'm not talking just about travling. I'm talking about this that people from other countries says things like: "omg Kobi is hot!" about OL.
It's just weird that band from Israel gets so much attention. I dunno, for me it's like "What is all the fuss?". They aren't different from the rest of the guys in Israel for me.
In one of the threads here where there is pics of the band, i saw someone (a girl?) writing in respons to one of the pics: "They look good *flies to Israel*", or something along those lines.
Don't get me wrong, i'm very proud of the band.
The whole thing is just...weird.
And i think i just made even more a mass from what i'm trying to say.

DeadlyRose said:
I'm talking about this that people from other countries says things like: "omg Kobi is hot!" about OL.
Yeah, I get your point. But, honestly, you don't use a pic of Ville Valo in your signature to discourage people from smoking, eh? (smoking -> lung cancer -> unhealthy slimming...) :rolleyes:

I see what you're saying DeadlyRose...

Personally, I would go to Israel and many other countries even without OL just because I love to see the world and meet different people.. but that Israel also has a band as good as OL, well that makes wanting to go even better! And you are right - they are not celebrities, they are just normal dudes (who are very nice & friendly) which, in addition with their music, makes them one of the best bands I know.

DeadlyRose, there is nothing wrong with Israel for a tourist i think. You have lived there for about 18 years and you are still alive.

I think, dying because of any possible car crash in a country is a very much more stonger possibility to die because of any conflict in Israel for a foreigner! But Israel's problem is that, there is quite expensive as i heard :)

And maybe you'd also like to hear that, thousands of turkish metaller here in Istanbul sang the hebrew composes of OL. There was also some Israelians who came here, and it was very emotional for them to hear it in a such foreign country.

Kobi IS hot, we can't deny that :p
- And very friendly, hell yeah.

Orfanos@ yeah, I heard about Saturnus a few hours after I wrote that first reply, but I still haven't checked them out. Maybe I'll change my point of view, but I don't think they/he (?) plays live. But I'll go check, then.

But DeadlyRose, I know what you mean. It is weird for me too to see people loving stuff like Saturnus and King Diamond (!) from Denmark, even weirder when people from other countries tell me about the bands, and these bands are just normal people, I know someone who know someone who lives next door to King Diamond.

PinkThrone said:
Orfanos@ yeah, I heard about Saturnus a few hours after I wrote that first reply, but I still haven't checked them out. Maybe I'll change my point of view, but I don't think they/he (?) plays live. But I'll go check, then.

They play live, they came in Athens/Greece last year. They play melodic doom metal and they are a very good band (I don't know though if you like doom).
Their new (third) album "Veronica Decides to Die" will be released at May 22nd and it is a good chance to check them out.:)