Is it me, or does all the clean vocals in these songs sound the same?

The Front Studio

What are you looking at!?
Dec 30, 2009
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5HQaQtjIxM&feature=channel[/ame]

Not trying to bash on Chango Studios because I actually love the old Oceana and Of Machines records... but I just realised, after listening to that Ten After Two song, that much of these clean vocals sound the same.

Is it really possible to make clean vocals sound so similar, though they're different vocalists?
Wouldn't surprise me but I wasn't sure...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig some Of Machines myself, but they do all have the same vibe to them. Anyone else also notice that the album art for that Ten After Two album looks a lot like the album art for that Bullet for My Valentine album??

I dig some Of Machines myself, but they do all have the same vibe to them. Anyone else also notice that the album art for that Ten After Two album looks a lot like the album art for that Bullet for My Valentine album??

Did notice that when I saw the youtube comments. I'm not a big BFMV but I don't like plagiarism... this is just too similar. But hey, it can also be a stock image, dunno!

tnftrtw.jpg

BulletForMyValentine-07-big.jpg

Exactly the same, not the little bit of hair pointing up at the back. Original is probably on DeviantArt if you care to browse through thousands of gothic nudes.

Clockwork said:
I never noticed before that she has a lobster claw in the BFMV version... Thats odd. I dislike both album covers and I think its stupid to mimic another band's art so closely, even if it is a stock image.

Being that there are thousands upon thousands of albums that are released each year I'm willing to bet it was just coincidence.. Any self respecting graphic designer wouldn't make album art knowingly using the exact same image, and if it was a popular stock image it's probably on more pieces than just these two covers

Being that there are thousands upon thousands of albums that are released each year I'm willing to bet it was just coincidence.. Any self respecting graphic designer wouldn't make album art knowingly using the exact same image, and if it was a popular stock image it's probably on more pieces than just these two covers
Yeah probably is

Ever listened to Tides Of Man? Decoder? Man Overboard?
I don't think every Rise band sounds the same...
Oceana and Of Machines were genius, but sadly all the other Rise bands that get the most attention aren't my cup of tea at all (Attack Attack, Abandon All Ships... bleeergh)... or they are scam artists who 'sell' macbooks.