Is it ME, or has the style of songs moved away from the styles on Break, Time Lost...

Really mature with your personal attacks there, yeah. Too bad I don't care much what you think of me though, but if it makes your ego feel good, then go ahead; at least I've made someone happy.

I'm sorry you can't take that not everyone likes everything in the world, plus I'm far from alone in my production opinions but who cares really... What was I thinking anyway, going to a dedicated Enchant forum. The joke's on me I suppose.

And no—to the very witty person way up there—I would neither go to a Dream Theater nor Thin Lizzy (were they still playing, that is) concert to see them, nor do I own any of their T-shirts. Sorry to disappoint.

I tried to approach this with some kind of reasoning and I think I succeeded decently in explaining just how I felt. Constructive criticism is great, but I guess I lost some tact along the way. Keep on senselessly try to attribute ill-fitting things to me though, in your collective, sheepish way, because it seems to amuse you. Sure beats getting truly upset about inconsequential things some people say over the Internet, that's for sure.

If you go over the posts and read again you'll see I concentrated on the production, whose greatness I didn't agree with, and then I went on to say that bad production doesn't matter much if the music is good, but good production can lift already good music. It's just a plus.
I supplied the little morsel of information that was me not liking the music (Queen of the Informant is pretty good though) for some kind of reference, but in hindsight I guess I should've left that out and just fully concentrated on the production bit.

And no, I shouldn't really have to show what I can do before criticizing someone else, when I have (valid or less valid) constructive criticism to give. I didn't expect you to stoop down to such "my dad is stronger than your dad"-ish kindergarten levels. I would expect that was beneath you. If you're only allowed to comment on things you yourself can do better, then the only thing most people can do at all times is to shut the fuck up. I guess that would be nice in a way, but it would really make forums like these obsolete.

Keep on dreaming I am the only person (might be true on this forum though) who didn't like the production (but it wasn't atrocious).

Have a nice life, with lots of sunshine and love or whatever you want to have nowadays. If it's raw beef and popcorn, it's fine with me. You can have that as well.

EDIT: Oh and Doug—thanks for all the music and your great playing, I am especially fond of your solos—thank you for the gear information; I found that especially interesting (even though it proved my guess to be wrong), especially since my ears (are they defective?) would say the opposite, at least in terms of rhythm sound. What microphones were you using for miking the cab(s) if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and Alberik, Torn albums I recommend are... well, What Means Solid, Traveller? is tremendously good but I guess it's a fairly bad album to start with, as it's very dense and intense.

Cloud About Mercury and less so, Best Laid Plains could be good starters I think. After that, some of his "projects" like B.L.U.E. (Bruford/Levin Upper Extremities), Reid/Torn/Sharp (that would be Vernon/David/Elliot) - GTR OBLQ.

If you can take the electronica bit, SPLaTTerCeLL - OAH is amazing. Especially his oud playing.

Hiya T. Vitae,

Sheesh, sorry dude. The guy in the Thin Lizzy shirt at the DT show was my loudmouth critical friend, not YOU. Didn't mean to accuse you of THAT shortcoming, but yeah, my attack IS on you personally, breaking my own rules here. Your post just seemed seriously out of place here. Your post sounded negative and came across to me, anyway, as mean. Yes, and tactless.

And this new post of yours is nasty too: "Keep on dreaming I am the only person (might be true on this forum though) who didn't like the production (but it wasn't atrocious)" There is no fine line between comment and critique...You are so into this negativity thing, and it strikes me as a bit pointless on this kind of a board.

This board may seem like the summer of love to you, but I for one think the purpose of this board is PRO-Enchant. Not a blind, mindless love-fest, but sincere, appreciative, kind, with a usually semi-intelligent exchange of ideas, perceptions and often, feelings. Your comments may be your truth, but on this kind of a board, I perceive them as hurtful and nasty.

Sometimes, yeah, you should just "shut the f*** up." Jeez, you say you stuck to "commenting" on (I'd call it criticizing) the production values, then you go on to say that, gee you didn't like the music either. (You should go back and listen to the lyrics of "Queen of the InformED" and really read for CONTENT, then interpretion.)

I think we need more TACT in this world, which in my book means honesty tempered with consideration. We are very lucky to have the members of Enchant as active participants on this board, and I truly feel we should all be respectful of their involvement. What is the POINT of cutting down the production values...it's subjective, you don't NEED to be that kind of hurtful.

Kristin
Via pissed off at Vitae Dragon :hotjump:

This thread is an abnormally heated one for this forum, so how about I offer this up.

It's time for us to recognize the differences we sometimes fear to show

It's time for us to realize the spaces in between
Leave room
For you and I to grow

For some reason, while listening to some tunes (you can guess which) this thread came up.

-Frank
We will always be so much more human than we wish to be.